Ear has been clogged for 2+ months, seeking help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

About two months ago, I woke up one day and my ear had a clogged feeling to it. Now, my ear has done this two other times before, and it took less than an week to have that "pop!" Though, ever since the second time got clogged and popped, my ear clogged every evening when I went to bed, and would pop every morning. One Saturday morning, I woke up and noticed my ear wouldn't pop. I immediately panicked, this would be the third time my ear has done this.

Well, much to my dismay of hoping my ear would pop, it still hasn't. At first, I thought I maybe ruptured my eardrum exposing my ear that particular Friday to my loud music. But that hadn't been the case. One day, I felt ear wax started to come out of my ear, it was kind of a funny 'let me out!' feeling. So, I stuck my finger into my ear and a HUGE clump of ear wax came out.

I decided to put some of my wax softener solution in my ear to break down the earwax, but the solution wasn't going down my ear. Upon asking my mother to examine my ear, she had told me I had A LOT of ear wax. So, using the LOOP side of a booby pin, she extracted tons of soft AND hard ear wax that my ear occupied. Then, she proceeded to put the ear solution in my ear, and it felt like a mentos in coke experiment in my ear canal!

Aside from that, my mother managed to get a lot of ear wax upon sitting half an hour with the ear solution. Though, ny ear still hasn't popped. Now, I wasn't expecting immediate results, but I gave it a couple of days for my ear to adjust to the new, clean environment, but still nothing! I went to my local physician, and he simply said I still had a lot of ear wax.

That day, we tried the ear solution again, and of course, we extracted some old ear wax that I maybe pushed into my ear way back when with a q tip. We repeated the extraction process per the recommendation of the manufacturer of the solution 4 days. We managed to get some ear wax, but recently, it's just recent ear wax.

My ear is still super clogged, currently waxless, and STILL ringing! Honestly, I don't even know what's going on with it anymore! Ruptured eardrum? Earwax clogged my eardrum? What is it?!

I want to go to an ENT, but (my physician explained what they'd do) all they're going to do is flush the ear wax I probably don't have out. What do I do?! What's wrong with my ear? Will it get better?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, sounds like you're going through hell! I'm no expert but have you asked if it could be that your eustacian tube is blocked? That can have a full feeling, the kind that you experience from being on a plane. Not sure this is helpful but you could ask your gp if that's a possibility?

Good luck!

• Posted

I went to my local physician, all he said was that my ear had a lot of ear wax and he referred me to an ENT. Upon going to the E, she informed me that many people get this feeling, after checking my ear for a lot of ear wax. She flushed and cleaned them out and performed a hearing test. The only thing that still stuck was the tinnitus, which wasn't there prior my ear clogging.

• Posted

Did you mention the tinnitus to them? Is that a result of them cleaning it?
  • Posted

I AM GETTING BETTER!!!

I have had the SAME symptoms! For over 6 months! It all started with an ear infection, led to pressure in my head and mild loss of hearing in both ears. I did the Myringotomy surgery in both ears. That did help with the pressure, but my ears never actually got better. I have had a full feeling in my ears ever since, and always feeling the need to "pop" my ears. I did all the tests, everything came back NORMAL, CT Scans normal. It felt hopeless, like I was going to have to suffer like this for the rest of my life, every day!

I was recommended to try "Sweet Oil" (Olive Oil). I have been putting it in my ears now for the past month. MY EARS ARE GETTING BETTER!!! There are days where I dont even notice the symptoms! Some days are better than others, but over all, my ears are becoming more and more normal!!! I sleep with one side full of Sweet Oil every night! (Every other night do the other side)

I feel like I have tried everything! This is actually working! 

"And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them." (Mark 6:13)

"Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord." (James 5:14)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.