ear infection and polip removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

In march I was told I had a polip in my left ear with an underlaying ear infection. I also have high blood pressure but that is stable since I have been on losartan potassium tablets 50mg. I had my polip removed roughly about 3 weeks ago. But still have the ear Infection. I have 5 courses of amniotics. But they didn't do any thing. The ear infection is cause me to have mild to really bad dizzy spells. I'm currently on amoxicillin for the infection which is my 6th course of tablets. I'm constantly dizzy bit like I said it varies in intensity. But I noticed today that I keep getting pressure build up in my head ( like some one is pumping it up like a balloon ) I'm not due for my follow up at hospital unroll the end of September. But I am concerned about the pressure. Does any one get the same pressure build up.??????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jai,I'm to on Losartan 50 mgs,I drink Beetroot Juice ( Asda under £2 ) good to lowering BP it's organic to go look it up on web.my daughter in law says they've had good reports on it for BP she's a nurse.

I've got tinnitus ,and allergies,that gives me ear pressure,had this for long time,I get head pressure along with it,I take a Migraleve,not paracetamol.drink more water first,rule out dehydration,that will give head pressure,I drink 3- 4 bottles every day 50 mls ,7 days a week .try out that water first,not beer if your a chap.if your stressing that won't be helping head pressure .Wishing you well 

• Posted

Hi Marlene

I will give that ago Thankyou for the reply . I dont drink alcohol I have been tea total since I was 18. I use to only drink coffee but have now started to just drink tea. I drink plenty of water slightly flavoured but not every day . I am taking paracetamol at the minute for pain relief as advised by hospital. But will try miragaleve.

Once again thank you for the advice

• Posted

Hi Jai. I had the pressure buld up in head, headaches, cough, ears and nose polyps. It turned out toi be caused by silent acid reflux.
    • Posted

Hiya Carmel

How was the problem solved if you don't mind me asking??

• Posted

HiJai. Mydoctor kept telling me it was sinus but it made no sense to me that every time it was cleared up with steroids and antibiotics it would come ba\ck again. Was getting it about once a month and it was gruesome, takiing over mylife. I had nasal polyps removed and skin and bone from nose but was warned the headaches etc might continue.

It was the headaches etc I wanted to stop.

Then I had problems with my stomach where it hurt a lot and had three different doctors diagnose it with three different things. One said ulcers. So I took the medication for ulcers - which cuts down the amount of acid in your stomach

- and then quite by chance noticed myheadaches went away, my ears stopped getting full and my nose stopped being so snotty. When I said this to the first doctor she said it was coincidence. But I researched and eventually found out about how ther eis acid reflux and my symptoms fitted with SILENT acid reflux. So I insisted they continue to give me the medication for that reason. Even though my stomach was all cleared up. About four months later I started to get a lot of pressure in my head and ears and felt generally unwell and lacking in energy etc, which I researched and found was due to the medication. So I came off of it for a few days and am now on it again but half the previous dose. So far so good. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.