Ear infection and sinus issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

My partner has had an issue with her sinuses for about 8 months or so, she often gets a runny nose maybe several times a week and you will hear her sniffling. For about a week now she has complained about ear ache and dizziness , I took her to A&E on Friday and they said that her ear is cloudy which indicates an infection and gave her a medication for dizziness, the next morning she went to gp as she already had the appointment, he said same thing that her ear showed redness and cloudy which indicates an infection he gave same anti dizziness medication and some anti biotics which she been taking since Saturday morning. Now Monday evening and her sinuses are no better and her dizziness is still on and off, she told both GP and A&E about her sinus problem but they didn't seem particularly concerned, am I unnecessarily concerned ? By the way what comes from the nose is clear and she hasn't got a fever, both of which she feels are relevant in trying to get me to shut up

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi jimbo I sympathise with your partner I too have had an ear infection now for about 2 weeks on and off I was given antibiotics for. Few days everything felt fine but then it was back I too am dizzy it's awful does your partner feel like there's a warm sensation draining into her neck and jaw also flush in face and spaced out or loss of balance, I know this has everything to do with inner ear. I also have problems with sinuses as I have a deviated septrum suppose they are all connected it's very unpleasant. Hope your partner gets well soon it's good to know we all have same symptoms.

• Posted

Hi glitzy it sounds very unpleasant, she doesn't complain but I can tell she's not well and it upsets me . I will ask her a bit later about jaw and neck and let you know , ear ache and dizzy are definites and so is runny nose . I got to catch her in the right mood else she'll just have a go at me for worrying 'for no good reason ' . I hope things get better for you soon , I'll be back when I have more info , or a thick ear for asking too many questions ☹
    • Posted

Hi glitzy I asked her and to some extent she had the hot flush feeling too in her face and she feels drunk . Thankyou Jim
    • Posted

Yeah jumbo that's exactly how you feel when your ears starts acting up tell her thanks for info.Hope youdidnt need to wear the boxing gloves.
  • Posted

Hi Jim, I would get a referral to an ENT if her sinuses and runny nose have been going that long. I know she needs that infection cleared, and that is obviously being done, but the other symptoms need assessing, especially if they have partially caused the ear infection.
    • Posted

Hi that's exactly what I thought as well thankyou olizzieo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.