Ear infection for over 10 days any ideas why?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I’ve had a ear infection for over 10 days now I am on amoxicillin for it but nothing seems to be working at all I am just getting worse. Doctors advised I have otitis externa but why won’t it clear I also have numbness of full left ear servere pain and green discharge coming out can anyone advise me on what I can do been to doctors loads this week but nothing is improving!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chlo1234,

Im not a Doctor so even though they are brilliant dont know everything about each illness.

It could be just the wrong antibiotic that you are taking.

What i could recommend id purchasing a "SALT PIPE" from a health store or even just look at item online see what its about then decide purhase or not.

Also could try which doesnt cost much other than raising one end of the bed  "Inclined Bed Therapy". (look it up on internet ie google)

Also trigger points in area of neck/jaw can give same syndromes of infections but hopefully that isnt the case and that its an infection that's just slow to clear up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.