Ear infection, several methods not working incl. Doctors advice. Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

The doc gave her some cortisone cream which didnt really help, she only used it for about 1 week as advised. We tried the following, sesame oil with garlic, onions, coconut oil (all mixtures as advised on other authority med sites).

I'm uploading 2 pics and hope someone can help us understand better how to heal it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, the cream he gave you would be good to use, but only once you get it under control. You could try using Dovobet (calcipotriol/betamethasone) and if that does not work, which I think it will, try DiproSalic, which is similar in properties. Then after a few Days use your Cream the Doc gave you to keep moisturised. It's a frustrating condition, but I hope this works for you.

AL

• Posted

Hello Mark,  Goodness that looks nasty.  I would recommend oral antibiotics. 

I would never put anything into my ears and don't take too much notice of

what's on the internet.  See your doctor !

Anne

• Posted

Thanks for the feedbacks. I would more likely prefer a natural remedy due to the reason that she had such infections already through the past years but it never really healed to a 100% with the Doctors prescriptions. Anyone any ideas?

Also to consider that some of those creams could potentially also be a reason for hear loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.