Ear issues with amlodipine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was placed on amlodipine a month ago but a real low dose of 2.5 daily. I was taken off of lisinopril because when they increased my dosage of lisinopril my cough got worse and I couldn't stand it. Anyway.... on amlodipine 2.5 I didn't notice any side effects and was delighted! After 3 weeks I went back to dr, and he increased my dosage to 5mg because he wanted my BP to be lower. Now I am getting so many side effects! Mostly ear ringing and ear stuffiness with headache. Sometimes I feel flu-ish . I am really feeling lousy and made an appointment for an ENT . It's on Tuesday next 6/11. I have myself all worked up that I have a brain tumor. Has anyone had this issue on amlodipine? Both ears are clogged and ringing, but the right is the worst. The headache is mostly on the right too. I will let you know what the ENT says on Tuesday too. Thanks for any advice and clarity you can give me. I'm concerned.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dosing on amlodipine builds up for a few weeks as you take it, so it's not unexpected that a few weeks after raising the dose you start to see side effects. And if you stop, it takes those same weeks for it to clear out of your body.

Don't know about any specific side-effects, all kinds of things are blamed on amlodipine, but it's hard to say which are direct effects and which are coincidence.

How low has your BP been on the current dosage?

And, there are always a wide variety of other drugs to try for BP.

• Posted

One month total on Amlodipine , but one week on 5 mg. Amlodipine is the 4th pill I've been on so far.

• Posted

Hi deb , just type in Can amlodipine cause histamine intolerance , what symptoms does histamine give you , i bet you been eating a lot of fruit veg because they say that is healthy , i myself have had grommets in both ears , to unblock etruscan tube .polyps in nose removed constant stuffy nose ,headaches, dry mouth , just like you get with histamine, but one thing bit worrying pulmonary hypertension or what is described as dry cough by any of the prils , fosinopril lisinopril ect ect , i not come up with any answers yet though . good luck .

• Posted

Oh & just forgot the Itch on my head & spots feel like could just pull my hair out ,lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.