Ear/jaw pain and on AA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on AA now for about four months and so far have tolerated it quite well. I have had a cold for the past week and just before it started, I was getting some earache on the right side. The cold also was more on the right side of my face. But I am now getting stiffness and pain/discomfort in my upper right jaw,particularly early morning or when my jaw has not been used to talk or chew for awhile. And my ear still aches. As I have read AA can cause problems in this area, I am worried. It seems very early in my treatment for me to get problems with AA. Has anyone else had a similar problem? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi alison 64461

Jaw pain and eye pain are side effects of AA...you should see your doc and ask if you should discontinue them and also see your dentist incase the jaw pain is affecting your teeth.....best wishes...

• Posted

Thanks! Yes, I think I will call my GP this week if the discomfort continues. My dentist took X-rays recently when I started the treatment and all was well but, of course, I would see her again if necessary. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.