Ear pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

8 yrs ago I had outer ear surgery from a piercing in the cartilage that became infected. They took out the infection and now has scar tissue due to the damaged cartilage that was removed. All has been well with my ear since. 4 days ago, I noticed pain. There is only pain when I put pressure on it. I’m wondering if scar tissue can cause this type of discomfort/pain.  I do not have an ENT dr anymore so I’m wondering if I should get it checked out. It’s not infected. I’m just confused as to why it’s now starting to hurt.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be the start of chondrodermatitis, aka 'CNH'. It's a pressure sore that usually forms on the outer helix of the ear. Are you noticing any redness or inflammation? is it warm or painful to the touch? 

• Posted

Great smile
    • Posted

Actually I ended up squeezing my ear and hardened pus came out. My friend seems to think it was a sebaceous cyst and not an infection since my ear now looks normal and feels 10 times better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.