Ear Piercings to help Migraines???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any insight on or has had their "daith?" part of their ear pierced to help with migraine relief?  I've been doing some research about it and there seems to be a pressure point in this area that is linked to stopping or greatly reduceing migraines.  I'm trying to stay away from meds as much as possible and was just wondering what everyones opinion is.

Thanks,

Sunni     biggrin

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I sure did see a picture of a woman's ear up close of her having it pierced in a certain part of her ear, and she was claiming to not having the Migraines since she had this done ..It is worth it for all that suffer bad with these headaches to look into this.. It is worth getting off meds.. Just google it and see what you come up with
  • Posted

Hi

i had my daith pieced on Saturday which bleed for quiet a while. The strange thing is my daughter had hers done and she didn't bleed. Went to see a neuoglist today and she said there wasn't any truth in it. Went to have an Mri scan but they said I would have to take out my earring, so have to wait until it heals.

• Posted

No I haven't heard of it.  Have you tried any other alternatives like reflexology or acupuncture?
  • Posted

I have no ideal if this ear piercing works or not, but it is possible that it does work and still a Doctor might tell us that it does not work, cause if it does work, it would mean that they might lose a patient that they are might be making money out of them, giving them different meds for migraines?
  • Posted

I've tried the med route and am now looking for something less chemical.  Acupuncture is really expensive around where I live and my insurance doesn't cover it so I figured a 60$ piercing was worth a try.  Anything to get rid of this constance dull ache every single day.  Had a severe migraine 2 1/2 weeks ago and still have lingering pain. sad
  • Posted

Sunni what do you take for your pain? I have had that dull headache that you are mentioning? but when I started taking Anacins? my migraines do not hurt me hardly..but the disturbances in my eyes still happen..
    • Posted

I'm currently on Frovatriptan but find it no longer seems to work as well as it use too.  I'm hoping the neurologist can recommend something else.  Usually I'm eating Aleve, or Ibuprophan because I can't take Anacin or acetametaphen (I have liver and bowel issues) I'm tired of how all the chemicals don't seem to be working so am looking at alternatives. Plus I'd really like to get away from them anyway.
    • Posted

Hi margarita,

I suffers with migraines for years. I started taking 2.5 mg bendroflumethiazide daily for border line blood pressure and my migraines stopped. I now. Only get an occasional one where before I would get about 3 a month. Might be worth talking to your doctor about it.

Good luck! Apologies for typos.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.