Ear popping or feelings of being clogged

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem?? Been to about 5 or 6 doctors, hearing is OK but this person is still saying there's a problem. I think it's an anxiety issue but I'm not a doctor. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do.. ; (

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever tried ear wax candeling? Maybe you just need a deep clean. I usually do it every 6 months and it helps with that feeling.

• Posted

I have done this for myself, he has not... But I don't remember any of the doctors stating there was a wax problem---I will let him know like you had mentioned it's deep cleaning for the ears.

• Posted

External problems are always investigated and suspected first, often to the exclusion of INTERNAL problems.

Ear-drum pressure has to be even - clogged up external channels don't help, but if insufficient air isn't getting through, up the Eustacian tube to the chamber behind the ear drum, similar symptoms will occur.

Consider a heavy-duty nose spray like Flixonase to really help clear out the sinuses.

In my case, my tinnitus gets much worse when my Eustacian tube is mildly blocked, and the nose spray help clear the internal tubes and reduce tinnitus.

Also, try exercises - swing your jaw far left/far right, 10, 20 times - it stretches the Eustacian tube and can help clear blockages.

Good luck.

Allen.

• Posted

Thank-you for the information!! He does use Flonase nose spray--although not as often as he should. He was doing some jaw exercises during the summer months but probably should revisit the exercises again... He has an MRI scheduled to double check--- Guess I need to sit back and let him figure it out...

• Posted

Well, an MRI would confirm bunged-up sinuses. Has your friend had 'micro-suction'? In the UK, it's about £50 per ear (free if you're lucky and get it on the NHS). But what it does do is confirm that the outside of your eardrum is perfectly clear of obstructions, and if that's the case, then it is definitely an 'inside' job!

A.

• Posted

do you grind your teeth? does your jaw ever click or pop.

• Posted

I bought him a night guard back in June--- didn't want to wear it , so he took it back.. Thank-you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.