ear pounding noise

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have a pounding in my ear that sounds like my heart beating ! has anyone had this problem?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Morning Janet,

Yes a very common complaint when suffering Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

I take it you ear/ears feel blocked ?  If so you need medication to try and

clear the mucus that's sticking your tubes together so they are unable to

drain.

Anne

• Posted

i had that three years found out it was a glomas typenicam tumor behind my ear drum had it taken out last year.
    • Posted

THANK YOU     MY DOC HAS ORDER A MRI TO MANE SURE THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!
  • Posted

Oh yea. I also get like a fluttering in my ear..it's nerve wracking..

• Posted

IT IS NERVE WRACKING!  DAYTIME IS NOT AS BAD AS NIGHT TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP !!
  • Posted

hi janet they didnt see mine when they did an mri scan so you need to have a ct scan

i had bith done the mri showed up nothing. but the ct scan did  i wouldnt do an mri id ask for ct instead as if they dont see anything it will get missed, but if you did have what i had then theyd see a red sweling behind the ear drum when ent have a look in ear thast what happend to me. i was scared to have a ct scan cos of radiation and stuff so i asked for mri but i ended up havi g to have ct cos mri showed nothing. i had to have ct scan to check were the nerves and such were befor they could operate. but i just had constant heart beat in my ear none stop it never went away and i herd it more when i layed in bed at night and it was quiet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.