Ear problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few weeks ago my ear was impacted with wax, I did have a thread on it. The doctor gave me drops which cleared it but a few mornings after it cleared I was still waking up as if my ear was glued shut, this would clear once I was up and about.

Anyway we are now a week later and the ear that was blocked is itchy and there seems to be a yellowy/White/clear stuff in there and it smells a bit off (really sorry tmi)

My wax is normally orangey coloured and the other ear is still normal just this one, I wouldn't say I'm in a lot of pain but my face, jaw and neck feel strange on that side still and I'm getting sharp pains from time to time In that ear but again nothing significant

I just wondered if anyone else had had anything like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you may have a little infection. This can be a result of simply introducing the drops in to the ear as it is very easy for the point of the dropper to become contaminated. Get it checked because it sounds like your glands are swollen.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Can I just ask how it sounds like my glands are swollen? Thanks
    • Posted

You say your neck and face and jaw feel strange, but the pain is not too bad. When we have an infection in the ear, the glands swell to fight the infection and the area feels tender. The glands are located ibehind the ear and under the jaw A course of antibiotics clears it up quickly. 
    • Posted

Thanks. I went back to the doctor who says my ear is still impacted with wax so I'm getting them syringed next week. He felt my glands and said they were a little swollen but nothing significant. Does impacted wax cause swollen glands?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.