Ear problem for a year

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve had this problem in my left ear for a year now. Every time I touch next to my tragus I have this shooting pain my ear, it feel like it’s in my ear canal and travels behind my ear up toward my head. It’s frustrating as the simplest things of putting cream in my face hurt my ear or if my daughters cuddle me and place the head there it makes me jump from the pain. I seen GP about it had my ears flushed as she thought it was a build up of wax nope wasn’t that, went back again GP thought it might be dead skin in my ear and prescribed me with some ear drops didn’t help. So then she suggested to use nasal spray as after the problem with my ear started I started to get problems with my sinus ( I haven’t had them back for a while now though) anyways nothing worked and GP sent me to see ENT he could see a lot of scarring in my ear from previous ear infections (I had what feels like 100s since I was a child. They done a hearing test which showed slight hearing loss in my left ear (when the really high pitched sounds came on  I just couldn’t tell them apart from my tinnitus or the noise I was suppose to listen out for) that’s another thing I have this constant ringing in my ear even if the room is loud enough I can hear it just this high pitch sound non stop!! Also noticed that the shooting pain is getting worse as now all I have to do is look right and my left ear has thus pulling and shooting pain inside my ear and in my head around the ear and again same pain happens when I lie down on my side.i also had this sensation of leaking out of my ear but my ear was dry.  I had MRI but the results could take up weeks and I’m an over thinker so I’m just thinking of the worse especially that the GP said that it could be a growth on my nerve and ever since then I just read up on everything to do with my ear and the worse case scenarios. Any ENTs or people with similar symptoms on here that could help me out and put my mind at ease whilst I wait ? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.