Ear problems for around 2 weeks. Gotten worse.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having ear problems for around 2 weeks and i am awaiting a letter to go to the ENT.

It started by having faint ringing in both of my ears a few weeks ago. Then i had a sudden episode of dull hearing that lasted a few seconds. The GP said she didn't know why i had ringing in my ears.

After this, an episode happened where i had sudden hearing loss in my left ear and ringing in my right that lasted for a few seconds.

Currently, I had a dullness of hearing and ringing in ears. Mostly my left.

I also had a headache for the past week.

Any help? I have veyr worried.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have you been ill during the past year...have you been exposed to anything unusual..

I am assuming that your GP checked for sinus infection, otitis media...

Perhaps your eustacion tubes are blocked and therefore not draining into the throat. This would cause a pressure inequality and the muffled, sitting in a hole sound

• Posted

She didn't say anything, she just said she didn't know why i heard ringing in my ears. She said she was going to send me a letter to go to the ENT by post. It's been 2 weeks and its gotten worse.

• Posted

I wish I could rush your referral to the ENT...I have experienced eustacion tube occlusion and have empathy for you.

In the meantime, you can try moist heat.....put a pillow down, now an electric heating pad turned on it's lowest setting, with a wet but well rung out wash cloth on top...lay on this with your ear on the wash cloth. The warm moist air may open the eustacion tube.

My ENT prescribed oral medication and ear drops...as soon as the tubes opened, I had full relief and all hearing returned.

hugs

• Posted

Update: It's been a few months and the ringing has become very loud during the nights. And during the day, atleast once a week, the ringing goes really loud for a few seconds and then fades away.

Help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.