Ear ringing and imbalance

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ladies, it's me again. I have been dealing with peri symptoms for a year now, all started with anxiety, palpitations, hot flashes and sleepless nights, followed by many different symptoms. I started having headaches, head pressure and ear ringing soon after all the anxiety and palpitations started. I feel my anxiety, palpitations, have calmed down, but I still have constant headaches and ear ringing, many days I wake up with neck pain and worst headache. I didn't have any of this prior to perimenopause anxiety. All my MRI and blood tests came back normal. My neuro said it's vestibular migraine. Is this another peri symptom , anyone else have constant headaches and ear ringing? It's really making my life miserable.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi , i have the ringing ears on and off and the off balance feeling too. Ive tried lots of different things and the best thing that reduces it all are taking anti histamines.

• Posted

I was waking up with neck problems and headaches too. What helped was changing my pillow. I use a gussetted down overfill cuddledown pillow. Only one.

Also, try keeping whitenoise going, like a fan at night and music during the day. Can help to ignore the ringing in your ears.

• Posted

I dont have a ringing in my ear, but I have ear pressure and clicking in my ear when I go to bed. I went through the neck pain, seems yo be gone for now.....I keep thinking what is going to hit me next? Im on the 7th year of peri, I can handle all the symptoms except the anxiety, Im tired of it creeping back and messing with my life.

• Posted

2 weeks ago i had the same problem head pressure and ringing in the ear. I would feel unbalanced, followed by feeling sick. A friend of mine who is a dr said to rub oregano oil with a cotton ball around my ears and temples. It seemed to work. Also i rubbed the oil inside of my ears. Its a awful feeling, i couldn't do anything. These days i am feeling weakness in legs and heart palps. I hope this all ends soon. Just not for me but for us all. Kisses and hugs to all

• Posted

I have all of what you mentioned. Every day is a challenge. I keep busy with yoga, crafts, etc. as much as possible to get through each day. I also watch my diet, drink lots of water and get enough rest. I just started sleeping with an air purifier that puts out white noise and this helps me to not hear the ear/ head ringing. It really works! It is soothing to me when I wake up in the middle of the night. I am able to go back to sleep fast whereas before I couldn't back to sleep for an hour or more. Wish us all the best!

• Posted

Helloooo dear

sorry to hear ur having bad time.

me tooo suffering with ear pressure , Head Pressure and off balance issues starting from Peri .

Didnot find any remedy to overcome this .

for off balance problem Dr gave me Vertin 24 tablets ..but its not permanent sol..few days when i take i feel little ok..when i stop off balance issues arises again..soo after 5 days i stop this tablet.

Its because of harmones soo taking every day vertigo tablet is not good idea

i wish we all will be normal soon

tk

• Posted

Hi ampat1,

I too have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) as well as Vertigo. However mine started suddenly and severly in 1997. it never went away but the attacks became less severe and less frequent mostly once or twice a moth. Then when i started going through all these terrible/ horrendous Perimenopause symptoms the Tinnitus and vertigo started up as a daily/nightly thing and the Tinnitus is now so loud it cant always be ignored. Stemetil (sorry not sure of spelling) helps the nausea and vertigo a bit but you cant take it everyday.

I do feel that my everyday dizziness at certain movements of my head and the louder ringing in the ears and ear and head pressure is due to Perimenopause but i no longer know how to help myself as i'm already on HRT patches and medications for all the other terrible things i go through and still i am in pain....

There are things i do to lessen the severity of attacks like drinking plenty of water and lowering salt intake. there are other things they say like getting plenty of rest, exercising lowering your stress etc but i have not conquered those yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.