Ear Ringing with Mono

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had my right ear ringing for the last 2 months and just wanted to know when you guys saw this subsiding.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I Have that same thing with my right ear too . For me the worst of it lasted about 3 months . Its a lot better now but it still comes and goes and I'm at 11 months now . Its no where near as bad as it was around the 8 month mark . It does get better with time .

• Posted

That's quite relieving to hear (pun intended). How were the bouts of brain fog and general malaise for you and when did it lift? Really appreciate your feedback

• Posted

Roy , The brain fog and malaise gets better with time . For me all these crazy symptoms from EBV SLOWLY get better . I'm no where near 100% yet but i am way better than i was a few months ago . I have good days and I have bad days but the bad days are not as bad as they where and the good days are better than they used to be . I Believe this virus has its own time frame and will pass when are bodies are ready . Its a slow process for sure but I believe we will all get back to 100% at point . I Hope you recover soon take care !

• Posted

Hey David,

Just wondering how you are doing, I'm hoping that you were able to have a settled Christmas and New Year period and that the good days are become more and the bad days much less.

I know it's hard to stay encouraged when things keep going on, finding that hard myself too right now, you question all sorts of things about yourself and your desire / ability / courage to get there, it's not at all easy but remember David you are going to get fully well again - I totally agree that this virus has its own time frame and it will soon be reaching its shelf life! I definitely believe that this is going to be a much better year for you, hoping and praying for that.

Praying for God's help and encouragement and healing for us all David - that He can pull us through and rescue us from anything coming against us. Still thinking about you and rooting for you David, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Roy,

I had that for the first couple of months and then it went away.

• Posted

I'm on month 6 and still have the ringing in my left ear. It hasn't improved yet. Hopefully it will with time.

My brain fog and fatigue come and go. Some weeks are good, some are not. It seems to be getting better slowly. Lately my energy level has been very low.

It will get better for all of us, I hope.

• Posted

Hi Roy,

So sorry to hear you have been going through mono and been bothered with ear ringing. It was a long time ago that I went through mono but still remember how horrible it was and just want you to know that things do get better and to hang in there - all the symptoms do pass and your body does get over this - it's just time unfortunately with this thing, so don't panic if recovery isn't overnight, it's normal but you absolutely will recover. It took me a good few months and only with God's healing and grace was I able to get there and get over it, and I truly believe you will too.

The worst symptoms for me were the horrible fatigue, low grade fever, different aches and pains, a painful gland in my neck, and just generally not feeling at all right or well. I have read others on the site talk about ear ringing too, thankfully it wasn't something I experienced but the symptoms can be so wide ranging and different from person to person.

But it does and will get better Roy - hang in there and thinking about you, just take things one day at a time and get plenty of rest, remove stress as much as possible and take good vitamins / herbs (multi-vitamin, B complex, Vitamin C, etc). Truly believing given my own recovery experience and reading that of many others that you will get there and get over this and back to full health with a little time - hang in there but for now just coping with getting through each day when dealing with the intense phase and symptoms is all you can do and don't put too much pressure on yourself or expect too much of yourself right now - your body needs recovery time!

Craig

• Posted

this is a very old thread, but wondering how everyone is doing? i caught mono sometime in august (i think) - I had COVID starting July 31 - and 3 weeks or so after feeling better from that, i started to feel bad again, and after going to ER and blood work etc. They decided to test me for mono and it came back positive.

i didnt get a sore throat, but my stomach got really messed up and I still have stomach paints and chest pressure , my ears ring like crazy but its I already had some ringing from when i was in military.

my ears have a cracking when I yawn or move my jaw, i started using a netipot and it seems to have helped with that some, but its like every day theres more mucas to stuff up my head.

I now and again see blotched like when you rub your eyes and then open them, its only in the might or if i see a reflection it seem. Maybe just high sensitivity to light maybe.

Anyway, my biggest thing is keeping stress levels down from it all, because i ended up having some health anxiety because I didnt know what was going on, and ive lost a lot of weight.

some days I was just feeling beside myself, like a life force sucking me away.

I will be happy when my stomach and chest is normal and all that is left is my head...

anyone experience these?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.