Ear tube insertion - expected results post-surgery??

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had been dealing with fluid in my left ear and caved-in ear drum for close to a year after a bad head cold last July 2017.  

After allergy route and various pills and decongestants, I finally got the procedure done to put a tube inserted two days ago (Monday 6/18).

What should expect in the coming weeks in terms of feeling and improvement?

After day two, I still feel a lot of fluid in it, and it feels like the ear is draining (if any) through the grommet, and not down my Eustachian tube.   Also some ringing, which intensifies in volume depending on if and how I lay down.

Is this normal for two days after the procedure? 

When should I begin to feel improvement in my ear?  Since the procedure, I feel like the condition is worse!

I am getting worried, as had put off this procedure for so long because of the complications that I read about, and now fear that I am going through those complications myself.

Help!!! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry not sure about that but as far as the fluid in your ear. Have you tried water pills and steroids? That works for me as well as steam and nasal spray from my dr. My ear was filled with fluid for months and would keep filling after I would have days of it feeling normal. Finally after a year of having fluid, I have a regime down. Just curious if you’ve tried any of this 

Ashley 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.