Ear tubes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was wondering if ear tubes are a good idea? My daughter has fluid in her ear for a year now. The doctor did mention tubes in the past. I would like to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with tubes?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

most people respond really well to them. it's a common procedure. I never had them but my husband and sister did as a child as well as a few of my nieces and nephews. my husband had a very rare reaction to the anesthesia, it's actually a genetic condition. his tubes kept coming out too soon and had to have them put in over and over so they glued them, then he had to have them surgically removed. no long term ill effects. no one else in my family has a bad story. ask her doctor about the risks and benefits.

• Posted

My godson who I help take care of had them put in a couple of years ago. He is now 8 and was about 6 when he had them put in. I was not happy about him being put to sleep, but the procedure was so fast and went very well. For him it was awesome because he had a speech disorder, and was not paying attention in class. When his parent finally took him to have his ears checked the doctor said the way it sounded to him when people talk was like he was under water in a pool and someone standing outside of the pool was trying to talk to him. Things got so much better for him after getting the procedure, as he could finally hear well, and said" my ears work" when he woke up from the procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.