Earache - Go to the Doctor?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

So Friday night my ear felt fine, but I had an itch.  I was dumb and decided to go in my ear to relieve the itch - went a little too far and ended up causing my ear to clog.

Was a bit annoyed with myself, but my ear didn’t hurt and I tend to get a clogged ear every once in a while anyway (especially in this left ear).

Woke up on Saturday and started to have ear pain - wasn’t too bad.  On Sunday it seemed worse and more persistent.  I felt I was unable to sleep much due to the pain.

It’s Monday now and the pain is still there.  At times it feels unbearable and I have to take a Tylenol.  My throat also feels sore but i swear it didn’t start feeling sore until after my ear was clogged.

I usually let my clogged ear resolve itself but I don’t normally have this pain.  Should I go in to see a Doctor or wait it out?  Thanks! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.