Early age Osteoarthritis and shoes worn

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello gents.

At age 30 haver found early OA in both knees and torn medial meniscus. Recently examining my joggers find that medial side of my shoes has worn....I mean not from bottom towards sides may say if we go straight down ankle on the side I can see small circle with no cloth.....then I examined my last pair and it was same wear n tear...rest is good... did not understand what sort of impact is causing this as I belive 90% of stress should be at bottom not sideways.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can only the men answer this one?  Ladies read this forum too!
  • Posted

Are they neutral running shoes and do you over pronate ??
    • Posted

it's normal joggers did not understand what pronate means...i m not flat feet..Again they are worn inner side(small circle inside side of shoes) towards medial....

• Posted

Put your runners on a flat surface like a table and look at them from behind.

They should sit so the heel looks straight up.if they lean inwards then you're an over pronators and you either need orthotics in your shoes or buy motion control shoes.

• Posted

Go to a shoe store which specializes in running shoes for athletes.  The staff there should be trained to see how you pronate - whether your ankle turns slightly in or slightly out.  They will then suggest shoes which will correct for your particular condition.

Ideally you should be assessed by a professional foot doctor and possibly get orthotics - these could be covered by insurance.  But I personally have found that for running shoes the orthotics are not necessary.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for valuable support. On examining joggers from the bottom and back side ..found they are not flat from back bit like hanging in air.and rubber? strips are completely worn in last week 3_4 lines heel area and is little worse towards medial side..what does this mean....Help plz we dont have any foot doctors to my knowledge.
    • Posted

I think this means you need to buy joggers which provide more support for the inner part of your foot, to prevent your foot from rolling inwards.  I have the opposite problem and have to get shoes which have extra support on the outside.  You just have to look at the soles of shoes in the store, you'll see that some have a grey area on one side or the other, and that indicates the supportive strip.  If you can't get to a specialty running shoes store where the sales clerk should be able to help you, I imagine there's a lot of information on the internet.  For a start try googling something like: find best shoes for pronation.

Good luck.

• Posted

You need to buy motion control running shoes.

Unlike neutral shoes, motion control shoes won't roll in or outwards when they strike the ground.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.