Early esa payment

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

i have just checked my bank today and noticed that i have received one week ESA payment and my fortnightly payment is not due until next Thursday 10th Jan

does anybody have any idea why this has happened?

thanks for your help

mike

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI MICK001 ,

I too get fortnightly ESA PAYMENTS .

Also not Due until 10th JANUARY.

As yet I gave no idea why half of the ESA Payment gas hit my account 1 week early!

I Will ring Them in the morning to check why this has occurred.

• Posted

hi

thanks for info once you have given them a ring can you please update me further?

thanks

mike

• Posted

Hi MICK001

Just found this online

Benefit claimants in Northern Ireland are set to get half their payment a week early due to a technical issue in the computer system.

The Department for Communities (DfC) has confirmed that some Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) customers will receive weekly payments instead of their normal fortnightly payments.

The technical issue will affect customers due a fortnightly payment on January 8, 9, 10 and 11.

As an example, claimants expecting a fortnightly payment on Thursday 10 January will receive half of their payment on Thursday 3 January and the other half on Thursday 10 January.

No one will miss out on a payment and customers do not need to take any further action.

• Posted

thanks for that but i do not live in Northern Ireland do you?

so am a little worried, please can you update me on anything further you may find out

thanks again

mike

• Posted

neither DO I BUT I know our BENEFIT is paid via a BELFAST DEPOT so this is definitely the reason

• Posted

It's a computer error for everyone in the UK too. Many many people have received 1 weeks payment if you're due your ESA next week. You'll receive the rest of your money on your normal pay day. Payments will return to normal after that.

• Posted

It's also happened to those who are due their payment on the 7th.

• Posted

thanks for the info Denise, so it is nothing to worry about? I was going to phone but think i would be in queue a long time as i have a feeling quite a few people will be phoning about this

Mike

• Posted

i have just telephoned them, and there is a recorded message concerning this issue and it is as you told me some claimants who get paid week commencing 7th Jan have had a weeks money one week early they will get their 2nd week on their normal pay day and then it will be back to normal week commencing 21st Jan

thanks for your help with this

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.