Early flare signs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Just wondering what your early signs of a flare are?

I've recently experienced a 4 month flare and just finished 16 weeks of steroids (approx 2 weeks ago) and feeling alittle funny today and wondering if it's early signs it's coming back.

Any experiences would be appreciated?

Thanks Carrie x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Carrie,

Normally my early signs are thst my belly gets a little louder and I kind feel it "bubbling" after eating. I also feel extremely tired. Often I fee like I need to go to the toilet but can't really go. That's me anyway but we all experience it differently.

Stay well.

All the best

Kamila

• Posted

Hi Kamila,

Thanks for your message. I suspect this is mine too which is why I asked. It feels like I have bufferflys when I've eaten. I hope I'm wrong. Can't stand another several months of steroids again. My weight has gained enough and it's stressing me out.

Hope you are well. xx

• Posted

Yes that sounds like a flare up which I'm sorry to hear. In my experience however something's worrying about it makes it worse as o find that stress affects me a great deal. Also after a period of time you will suss out what kinds of food can give you the symptoms as IBD also sometimes comes in had with IBS. I'm always affected by too much onion or carbs in one go.

Feel better soon! xx

• Posted

Hi Carrie,

So sorry you're still having problems after your last flare. This really is is a wretched disease. My main symptom of an impending flare-up is the appearance of blood on the toilet paper. I'm on mesalazine and when I see that appear,I double my daily dose to 4.8 grams and if I'm lucky it subsides within a week or two.  I have to say that so far (I was diagnosed with UC in November 2011) I have not had a great deal of trouble with the colitis,  other than rather unformed stools, which I am happy to cope with.

I wish you well, Carrie.

All the best,

Peter    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.