Early Menapause finding it difficult.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with early menapause 4 years ago I was 28. Still finding things so difficult to deal with. I have a daughter from previous relationship so I'm very lucky but I'm married now and me and my husband can't have a baby together which breaks my heart. I had terrible night sweats was badly depressed and terrible anxiety. HRT has helped quite a bit with this. Finding things a lot harder as all my friends are having kids breaks my heart knowing my incredible husband who has supported me so much won't experince this and can't stop blaming myself.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Cherry, my hearts breaks for you sad. It is very, very unfair situation but is not your fault and there is nothing you can do about that, accept it and do not create monsters to battle.  By what you say your husband is a wonderful person and very understanding.  If t is the case, you two will find a way to deal with that. Be well.  Big hugs.

• Posted

Hi dear. I think you are doing great compared to some hardships people have.  It's good to count your blessings.  You could always adopt.  Even the adoption waiting time from another country is even faster.  Doesn't matter where it came from, it would be raised by you both.  I only had one child and i was 27 and in hospital for 6 months after so missed out on raising her. I couldn't have anymore either.  She is 22 now and is my blessing with me and my husband.  I am 48 now and life is very peaceful.  I have a chihuahua instead. haha  You would be a great babysitter for your friends I bet.  Aunt Cherryblossom. xxoo
  • Posted

I went through the early menopause when i was 34 know what u went through it ishard especially when u want another child maybe there is a child out there who would love to have u and your husband adopt him or her as u both sound loving parents dont let it get u down it will only make u illxx
  • Posted

Hi Cherryblossom! I'm sorry to hear of this news for you. Have you already stopped having periods consecutively for 12 months yet? If you are still seeing your periods at least semi-consistently and there are no other reproductive issues then there is still hope. I wish you well. My heart goes out to you.

Xx

• Posted

We have spoke about adoption maybe something we could look into as my husband would make a great dad. He adore my daughter. Last proper period I had was about 9 months ago, I get a bleed every month but that's from my hrt. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Cherryblossom32, 

First of all, you must not blame yourself.  You should discuss these feelings with your doctor and get some support.  Life is never what we plan in one way or another.  I am menopausal , albeit at a more normal age to you.  Howwver, I too have 1 child, feel blesse althopough I would have liked to have had 3 or 4!.  I've also been single for the majority of the last 15 years - its tough.  I do have friends in their late 40's and fifties who do not hav eany children becasue they never met the right man or could not have children - heartbreaking.  That old addage about being greatful for what you do have, that;s so annoyint, is I've earnt very true I'm afraid - we have to learn to love as is not waht was or what we hanker for.  However, we are allwoed to feel sad sometimes for what might have been or what has happended.  I do feel for you at your age going through the menopause.  This forum is so good to see there are many people struggling with different issues aroud menopause, and good support.  Repeat DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF!!! Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.