Early menopause at 28 . Does anyone else feel worse on HRT

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

i have POF ( premature ovarian failure). basically early menopause, i am 28 . i tried 2 types of HRT patches and tablets . i am personally find side effects of HRT worse than the menopause symptoms. Only menopause symptoms i getting was hot flushes , less bladder control and small of tired and feeling emotional. On the hrt combined tablets i feel really out of control upset ,tried all the time and periods came back and were really painful . i am currently trying the combined patch . i am getting pain in the back of hip . Has anyone else had that? i just wondering if any else feel worse on HRT or has any advise on reducing side effect ?

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rachel,

May I suggest you try talking to a holistic or alternative doctor and try pellet hormone replacement. It is a wonderful way to get your hormones. They are natural, the body recognizes them and most people do quite well with them. They should include both estrogen and testosterone. If you are not interested or unable to afford pellet therapy I would recommend going to bio identical compounded creams with estrodial and testosterone. Reason why I say holistic is not many general doctors are well versed about hormone replacement and many women have negative effects because it is not done right. Might cost you some out of pocket but your health is so important. You are very young and have your whole life ahead of you so it will be VERY important that they get this right so you can feel normal again. I'm not surprised to hear you feel the way you do taking tablets or patches. I strongly recommend finding a doctor that knows every part of hormone replacement. My thoughts.

• Posted

thanks for the advise. i personally do not trust non medical doctors as they do not have any scientific evidence to back up there claims. i personally don't mind the hot flushes or bladders control issue i can deal with that . its the HRT side effects that distress me more.I know need HRT to protect me from osteoarthritis and heart issues. i know there things you can to reduce side effect and i am looking for advice on that. thanks away

• Posted

Hi Rachel sorry that you are going through this so early. I also feel worse taking any type of hormones whether it's her or bhrt so what I did was stop all of it and I can say that I feel so much better now. I only take supplements and. certain herbs, watch my diet. Even pay attention to what I put on my body..i try to eat as clean as possible and use nothing with chemicals. Im not saying that this rid all my symptoms but it has reduced them a whole lot.

• Posted

i just started with a personal trainer to lose weight. i want to reduce all my other risk factor for osteoarthritis and heart diseases. i reduce my milk intake and heard eating more soy may help . Have you done either ?

• Posted

In my case Im trying to gain weight. I lost weight instead of gaining like most. But exercise has helped me ..before I was unable to even exercise at all but now I make sure to not overdo it. I drink no milk at all. No dairy at all in my diet. I take no soy either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.