Early morning awakening

Posted , 9 users are following.

I wake at about 4 ish and can't get back to sleep. Anxiety starts building and that's that. Anyone else like this?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison yes your not on your own darl. About 5.30 every morning and also carnt get to sleep until about midnight every night. It’s a nightmare xx
    • Posted

Hi Karen. I'm 49 and on evorel patches but don't seem to get so many hot flushes, just anxiety high. How do you cope?

• Posted

Hi I’m 50 on the same as you, I find them fantastic with hot flushes, dizziness and other symptoms but I have really bad insomnia. I suffer with health anxiety I’m controlling it pretty well at the moment, not on any meds for it xx
  • Posted

Every night between 3 & 4 am !! Not so much anxiety as I am on SSRI but racing mind is the only way to describe it horrible, I stick in headphones put on hynotherapy and eventually nod off but its sad when u know most of your hypnotherapy tapes words

• Posted

I'm on ssri as well but still get these symptoms. I have had stress at work though which probably does not help...

• Posted

Hi Alison well im what you call post menopausal now  at 66 and the anxiety feelings are dreadful of late, can feel it coming on and can last all day like a premonition feeling something bad is going to happen or nerves like a dental appointment feeling.   But then there's a few family problems so could all be down to this  and nothing to do with hormonal drop. All i know is its horrible this feeling of anxiousness .Also i dont want to go out anywhere either. But i do sleep reasonably at the moment thankfully.

Sue 

• Posted

Susan that feeling like something is going to happen is hormones I get that sometimes I think it's Apprehension/ Anxiety or hot flash coming on doing it to us..I could be sitting down and it comes on and I just distract my mine and it goes way all brought on by the menopause think of before you went through this how you felt I have experience this more in peri meno I'm Post meno next month God knows what lines up for me now but could only pray it goes away with time..you will be ok

• Posted

Marie thanks for reply, im not getting hot flashes anymore and post meno now. may be just so many family problems going on thats causing these anxiety attacks and the decline of hormones along with this. Plus i have M.E. as well which is made worse by stress. im going to give these valerian capsules a try for 'mild' anxiety and to aid stress.    Maybe with you once the hot flashes have eased your lose the anxiety with it.

Sue 

• Posted

You are not alone, i woke up some times with my heart racing like its coming  out my chest. i use to go to the emergence and only to fine out nothing is wrong. so when it happen now i have a friend who i can call any time so i would call and until i feel much better. so Alison when it happen if you have someone to call and talk until you are feeling better.
    • Posted

Yes this does work hyacinth08689. It's like having someone "talk you down" so to speak. I used this method years ago in my 20's when I was suffering from panic attacks(death of my mom, lost my job, long strory).

• Posted

HI juanita93228, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, and sometimes when you lose a job God has something better for you. just keep the faith

• Posted

Hyacinth08689, thank you for the kind words. But as I said this was back in my 20's. I'm 58 now, I lost my mom at 25, so I just have the good memories and wisdom that I think about now. As for the job, I have one that I've been on many years now and God willing I'll be retiring in April of 2019😄😄😄😄😄

• Posted

Anxiety can be at its worst in the morning.  You have not had adequate sleep your are tired and that's when anxiety can hit full force.  

I often listen to the radio (news programs) with headphones to get back to sleep.  Its a great distraction.  

Here is a great book.  Anxiety & Phobia Workshop Book.  Very helpful in explaining anxiety even if you only have mild symptoms.  its your hormones messing with you.  

• Posted

Yes same here sometimes..but I can drop back off a while after,then another day can't sleep much, pain in the rear I call it..night hot flashes can cause it,stress can cause it,all peri menopause symptoms..I remember time I couldn't sleep for 4 days I use to worry about it then suddenly it stop starting sleeping again but not the full 7 hours on a straight as I would like, hope we all go back sleeping properly soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.