Early pregnancy - baby Aspirin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I was dg with pSS 3 years ago, and have been on Plaquenil, which has helped me a lot with joint pain and fatigue. I am 35 years old and 6 weeks pregnant(first pregnancy). I am wondering if any of you have been recommended baby Aspirin (even if you don´t have antiphospholipid syndrome or miscariages).

Thank you,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi and congratulations!

I have primary sjögren's and for me to get pregnant I had to take baby aspirin as recommended by my rheumatologist. Once I was pregnant, no one told me to stop until I started to have spotting around 6 months. It was pretty scary. They told me to stop and were confused why no one told me to especially after the first trimester. Definitely talk to your baby doctor and rheumatologist about when to stop or if they recommend starting now. I would also discoss stopping Plaquenil as it can cause issues with the baby's heart. I think I stopped Plaquenil around end of first trimester but I was on a low dose. Also my symptoms went away for a few years after getting pregnant. Best time being pregnant! Enjoy every moment 😉

Best of luck!!

• Posted

Thanks for answering! Did you have problems conceiving or a prior pregnancy loss, or antibodies for antiphosholipid sdr? Because my doctor doesn´t want me on Aspirin because i don´t have any of those. At the same time i read in several places that Aspirin can help with the implantation of the placenta.

Thank you,

• Posted

Not me but I am 66. My prayers are with you as are my blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.