Early satiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else experience early satiety? Its not all the time I guess, but sometimes at breakfast or dinner I realise I'm having trouble eating what I usually do without feeling over dull and bloated.

Also I've heard that IBS pain isn't supposed to wake you up, but sometimes mine does.

My doc says that the pain waking me up is normal for IBS but I've read otherwise. And my GI doc says that IBS wouldn't cause early satiety, again I've read otherwise.

Anyone else experience these symptoms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My IBS woke me from sleeo when it first started.  No one person is the same with IBS.   Try a food diary or the Low Fodmap Diet to see what foods may be causing bloating.  Wheat and grains are common culprits.  Try eating little but often.  I don't experience early satiety but once again everyone is different.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply!

I stay away from dairy as I know that causes issues. And I do my best to stay away from gluten, though I do eat sourdough bread fairly regularly as I love found it strangely doesn't bother me and it makes lunches easier.lol

I've tried a food diary before but since IBS is unpredictable and makes the whole digestive process fairly unpredictable as well its really hard for me to tell if the symptoms I'm experiencing are the result of something I ate for lunch today or if its something from the day before, you know? I'll definitely try again though and see if I can see any more patterns. Thanks again!

• Posted

One way of finding out if a particular food is a problem is if you get symptoms immediately after eating, an hour or several hours afterwards or even a day after eating that particular food.  Noting down when you ate the food, your symptoms and when they occurred will help.
  • Posted

Hi

Feeling full and bloated is a symptom of gallstones but can be IBS too. Have you tried taking

a good probiotic ?

• Posted

I take a good probiotic, and it helped immensely the frist two weeks. Now, nearly a month or so later, I'm defintiely not feeling as crummy as I was before, but not as great as the first two weeks. Which is a tad disconerting, but the GI doc I was referred to specifically for IBS didn't seem horribly knowledgable on it and didn't really help much aside from prescribing a higher quality probiotic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.