Early symptoms ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies I havnt been diagnosed with LS but am waiting to see a dermatologist , the gyne suspects early onset ls , what are the early signs ? I don't have any white patches that I can see or fusing or anything like that , my symptoms are soreness of the vulva and some times a burny quality and slight itchiness , and also my clitorous area feels irritating when my clothes touch off it . when I first had these symptoms it felt more like I needed to pee which I thought I did and so ended up wit an irritable bladder because I was going to the toilet all the time to get rid of the sensation but now I know it's more the soreness of the vulva area that gives me the sensation to pee , I'm scared of it getting worse , I'm using the dermovate cream and this definately eases the soreness but it hasn't fully gone so I'm using twice a week to keep at bay , how did ye get so bad with the fusing and closing up , had ye early symptoms before all of the White patches and fusing , iv had all the usual bacteria and fungus tests and all is clear so this is why it's pointing to ls , please hope I don't have it as it really scares me to think it will get worse , at the minute it's managable and I can live with the soreness once it doesn't get worse , will it ger worse over many yrs despite using the dermovate ?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I dont know your age but..all your stmptoms could also be symptoms of vaginal atrophy
    • Posted

I do think you can get atrophy in your 30s there are other causes besides menopause
    • Posted

Yes hopefully I can get an app soon my gp has referred me to a diff place so waiting to hear , well one way or another we need to know what we have so can treat it properly , the not knowing is worse , your imagining all sorts when you don't know , I'll keep you posted and you let us know too how you get onn x
    • Posted

Yes the not knowing could drive a person nuts,i have an apt to discus HRT with my husbasnd and doc in a month..i have many symptoms.i have anxiety anyway,well this has doubled it...i am going to request a biopsy for lichens sclerosis so if i do have it i can start treatment..cant wait for all the new med costs,doctor bills etc.i just want to figure this out and move on.
    • Posted

Exactly I'm the same don't want to be going over and over it , what are your symptoms if I may ask ?
    • Posted

Some itch though not as bad..have been useing the one percent hydro cream,irritation which gets worse and better,sometimes feeling the need to urinate more,some erosions that the dermatologist found,i suspe t tight. Clothes caused that..rubbing on irriated skin.etc i take anxiety meds also.
    • Posted

You would have to take something to calm the nerves !! It's very upsetting and uncomfortable and also limits what you wear , sex, sitting , and the intense itch and burning can be hard to deal with but we must soldier onn I do think of the poor souls who have worse things to live with , God help us all in life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.