Early symptoms of Ms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

2 weeks ago I had a really intense pain left side of my temple and my left eyelid was swollen, and I felt pressure behind my eye. I went to the eye hospital and they thought my eyes were dry

Previous to this I have had problems with bladder control which has been worse since the pain, I now feel I am starting to lose control of my bladder and have to wear pads. I have noticed that for some reason my bladder is worse in the morning. About nine years ago I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue and IBS. I have been back and forth to gp, had blood tests, for liver, kidneys, and urine dips but all fine. I have had sharp pains right side under ribs, but again tests were negative for gallbladder problems. I also have blurred vision, brain fog, tingling in hands, legs and feet, and occasionally I trip. I am in my 50s so I am going through menopause which can cause bladder issues but they have been going on for a while now. Does this sound like ms symptoms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I struggled to get a diagnosis, I was late fifties and they said I was too old but a lumbar puncture confirmed MS. Good luck xx

• Posted

Thanks, was that due to your age, how many years did u have symptoms for? X

• Posted

My symptoms were always put down to hypothyroidism, I had symptoms of MS for many years but no one would listen to me.

• Posted

Yes I'm afraid I ve been backwards and forwards to gp for years now and not beened listened to 😔

• Posted

Hi, it sounds like it could be neurological but only a medical practitioner could properly diagnose that. It sounds as though you have been checked out for other issues. The best thing to do would be to keep a diary-daily of all your symptoms and take three to four months diaries to your doctor.

MS indicators include Optic Neuritis, a lumbar puncture, MRI of the brain showing lesions and possibly field vision tests as well as a pattern of relapse and remission over several months, if not years. I was diagnosed after forty years of symptoms, but only after optic neuritis was confirmed was i sent for an MRI, field vision tests and a lumbar puncture after which it was confirmed as MS. My condition has downgraded to benign MS, despite fatigue and a very slow decrease in my walking ability I have had no relapses for nearly 12 years. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.