Ears

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had ear problems with menopause?  I have sore ear canal and a blocked feeling.  First in right ear now in left.  When I try to unblock by holding my nose it feels sore inside....yet another possible problem with this phase of life!!!!!LOL

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes, Maragaret...I have had that happen.  I had Vertigo for over 2 months as well.  However, the doctors all told me that it wasn't Menopause related as much as it was a middle/inner ear issue where fluid builds up.  

You can try a decongestant (ask a pharmacist which one) or you can try an antihistamine with decongestant properties.  

More often than not...it's just waiting it through.  

I know men who have had it as well and to the best of my knowledge...they don't have ovaries/uteruses. wink  

• Posted

Hello Margaret,

Check out the post in menopause on "stuffy ears" from sharcerv52408.  I think what your experiencing is similiar I too had ear fullness feelings.

• Posted

Hi Loretta,how do I find sharcerv blog on stuffy ears.this is what I've had for a few months now .

Cheers

• Posted

Thanks guys all comments helpful.XXX
  • Posted

Maragret. I don't know, it should be in the menopause thread, that is where she asked the question?  Can someone help us who knows this forum?  question
  • Posted

Hi Margaret!

I just posted something about my ears today. It felt like they were stuffy. It would rotate from one ear to the other. It sort of felt like when you get water in your ears. But I blew my nose and haven't had it since. There was no pain or anything just a little pressure. It's all sinus related. You should probably go see an ENT if it persists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.