Ears have been clogged for months...I want to give up

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all,

I started having problems with my ears after taking hormonal birth control medication. I had so many side effects from the medication that I had it taken out after only a few months of using it. Although some side effects did go away after stopping it, today I still feel like I have this constant brain fog, extreme exhaustion, and my ears have been clogged for 3 months now. I can also flex something in my ear that can make this clicking/crackling sound that others can hear. It's really frustrating as the ear pressure and clicking make my head all congested. I don't have a runny nose, I know this is all from the birth control, I was hoping it would go away after stopping it but 3 months after and it's still here. I've become super depressed because I feel terrible physically. I wake up and all I can think of is "here we go again". I had to stop working as my job is a physically demanding job and requires me to be in high altitudes all the time (soooo perfect for my ears). I have no motivation, no energy, broke up with my boyfriend as I can't take care of anyone right now if I can't even take care of myself. All this is making me depressed and to be honest, suicidal. I don't know if this is my new normal and I can't accept that. I've been to my gp, Neuro, and an ENT...all say that I look perfectly fine. Blood work is normal, CT and MRI scan of my brain both came back normal. ENT says my eustachian tubes are fine, but when I asked him to listen to the clicking sound in my ear that I can control, he was baffled. Now I don't know what to do. I'm only in my 20s and I had my whole life ahead of me, now it's like someone just took everything from me...career, relationship, and my future. I know hormones can affect your ears. What is that sound in my ear if my ENT says my ears look fine?!?!

I'm going crazy and I can't stand this any longer.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,  Try and google STERNOCLEIOMASTEROID MUSCLE.  You could have started Eustachian Tube Dysfunction due to the muscle.

There are so many of us on the Forum that suffer ETD and Tinnitus too.

Would you mind scrolling to find all my replies to others on this Forum, as there may be something you can do that may help you.

I've suffered ETD for the past 30 years and it's the most awful condition to suffer from.

Are you in England ?

If you can't see any of my previous posts, contact me again.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.