Ears leak at night

Posted , 2 users are following.

My ears leak at night time. As soon as I sleep they leak. They are very itchy.

Been told that they are sweating! Didn't start until my late 30's.

As soon as I am upright the leaking stops.

Does anyone else have this issue?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go to an ENT ask them to check if your ear drums are perforated (holes). Did you recently come off a bad cold? Perhaps you contracted an ear infection and not have known it? After an ear infection fluid will build up in side behind the ear drums, the fluid could put pressure on your ear drum causing a perforation. leading to the fluid leaking out you ear canal.

• Posted

Been like this for 7 years now! ENT told me my ears are clean etc, said my ears are sweating!

• Posted

Is it a lot of fluid? ask them to do a culture sample, to test what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.