earworms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 17, male and caucasian.

Recently I want to change my life. I want to become a good student, so I have started a studying habit, exercise habit and a meditation habit. Last week, I started to have earworms. I have a default 15 seconds musical tune that is singing in my head. When I listen to a song, It gets stuck in my head, but is returning to the default tune. I hope to not f****d my mind because I meditated for a month. Please give me some advice. Looking on the, it just say that an earworm is lasting a day, but mine is lasting for a week. Or is an OCD symptom. So Im freaking out provoking myself fear. Please help.

Thank you for every advice!!!!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

try not to overthink this. The anxiety is most likely perpetuating this . people with anxiety tend to get Deja vu’s, songs in their head, etc. it happens to me all the time. are you keeping busy enough? When I get something stuck in my mind, I take charge and immediately switch to something else no matter how many times it takes. I just say no! And move on to something else. You could also instead of listening to music, listen to other sounds like the ocean, nature, etc. that you could also find on YouTube. Or listen to a talk on how to manage anxiety. Anything to block out that other song.it will eventually go away. But mostly try to relax your mind.

• Posted

Thanks for advice. I have one more question. When you have an earworm, how long lasts because. I am trying to distract myself, chew gum or listen to other music. I just want it to stop. I even make my family to worry about me.

• Posted

Try relaxing The more you stress out over this, the more the song will be stuck in your head. I really does sound like anxiety.

• Posted

its different for everyone. my anxiety causes mine, so the more i lower my anxiety, the more my mind is quiet.

• Posted

also, tell your Family it’s not dangerous so they don’t worry ,people get this all the time from anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.