ease for retention

Posted , 7 users are following.

We are keen to use natural products where possible for health issues. For years we have followed advice given by A swiss doctor who wrote extensively in the 1950s. The good doctor recomends that to ease retention and to benefit all who have prostate problems the following could be tried. First buy or borrow a comode( the type many chronic invalids may have who have no ready access to a bathroom) partialy fill it with boiling water to which has been added camomile flowere or oil or both if toy cant get camomile wild thyme could be substituted.Undress and seat yourself on the commode From time to time top up the hot water but ensure that you dont get cold maybe wrap yourself in a towel or a blanket. This steamy mixture works on the genital area. The idea is that this will relax the prostate slightly and allow the waters to start to flow. Like many old ideas this was common practice by an older generation of doctors. Might be worth a try. The doctor also recomends the following for BPH, Homeopathic dilutions of Sabal, Staphisagria X3 and PopulusX2. You would obviously need to find a good supplier of homeopathic remedys.

I cant mention the name of the doctor here as although he has now passed away his books are still in print and a europe wide company built on his principle and practice are still trading.

this may or may not work for you but the cost in giving it a  try are very modest. I am going to try the homoepathic stuff and will post on my findings. Good health to you all and may your waters continue to flow.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm not a great believer in most homeo stuff unless there is evidence it works, but it it works for you then great

• Posted

There is some evidence that curcumin and bee pollen extract may help with BPH symptoms. I had some good results with bee pollen. But ended up on flowmax due to bleeding. YMMV
  • Posted

It sounds like you're describing what is commonly termed a "sitz bath". I found them helpful with bouts of prostatitis in my 30's. I can see how they might also have an effect on retention by relaxing the area. If you don't have a commode, you can just fill your bathtub with enough hot water to cover the area. 

Jim

• Posted

I have a friend that uses sitz baths. I actually bought the sitz bath on amazon back in March. My symptoms started to improve so never used it. 
  • Posted

I have just ordered the homeopathic stuff, it will take about 3/4 days to arrive and cost 15 pounds inc del charge. Will post when and if it works.
  • Posted

Hi Philip

I am convinced that both Saw PAlmetto and Stinging Nettle Root Extract have made a big difference to  my flow.

I can tell you where to get if youi inbox me.

regards

Jeremy

• Posted

I tried saw pallmetto with no results. I did try bee pollen I may have helped but I can't be sure because my flow problems aren't consistant

• Posted

I used Saw Palmetto for about 25 years prior to having my HoLep for a greatly enlarged prostate (140gm). So, on a survey of one I found it useless; I hope it works for others.
    • Posted

The obvious question would be why spend money for 25 years on Saw Palmetto if you thought it was useless>?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.