Eaten chicken reheated in microwave. Scared im going to get food poisoning.

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everybody,

So after a night out I bought some pizza but left one slice in my room. This afternoon I chose to reheat it in the microwave for lunch. Do I put it in the microwave for one minute and ate it. As soon as I did this it dawned on me that it had chicken on it which I know is quite dodgy when it comes to bacteria. I know it was an act of complete stupidity and I feel very silly but I'm also scared that I am going to get food poisoning. Does anybody have any advice for me? 

thanks everyone

0 likes, 4 replies

Report

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Mathew

    At least if you do get a bit of tummy runs and /or sickness, you will know what it is!.The main thing is to monitor yourself for the next 12 hours.  If you feel like being sick, then, that will be your stomach tring to get rid of the bad stuff.  I doubt very much if you will notice any difference, having eaten warmed up chicken once myself..no symptoms..we all worry that it is poisening us...you sound sensible, so if you start to feel unwell, chat to the NHS helpline..who are medically trained.  After a few glasses of water, you will be cleaning out your stomoch. Drink plenty of (non alcohol) fluids.

    Report
  • Posted

    Hi matthew,

    If you ate it early this afternoon and you haven't run for the loo and been sick by about ten-eleven o'clock tonight you should be ok............best wishes....

    Report
  • Posted

    Hi Matthew,

    I'd say depends on how processed the chicken was to start with! Hopefully you will be fine - but you also have to remember that your immune system is pretty good at fending off lots of nasties. Don't worry too much - just see how you go!

    Report
  • Posted

    chicken should be stored in teh firdge (straight away)  & reheated for a minimum of 2 minutes at 70 dg.

    Most cases of food poisoning do not require medical treatment. However, you should seek medical advice if you have any of the following signs or symptoms:

    vomiting that lasts more than two days

    you are unable to keep liquids down for more than a day

    diarrhoea that lasts for more than three days

    blood in your vomit

    blood in your stools

    seizures (fits)

    changes in your mental state, such as confusion

    double vision 

    slurred speech

    signs of severe dehydration, such as a dry mouth, sunken eyes and an inability to pass urine, or passing small amounts of dark, strong-smelling urine.

    In all honesty; you are not the first to re-heat left over chicken; but it's best to be 'safe' .... smile

    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up