EATING 3-4 APPLES A DAY HAVE GREATLY REDUCED MY FIBROID SYMPTOMS.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm sharing my story incase it can help someone else.  I have several large fibroids that interfere with my bowels and cause me pain and gas pain as well as flooding during my periods.  My doctor recommended a hysterectomy, but at this point I am not willing to make it my first option.

I have been on two rounds of Fibristal.  I've done really well while on the medication, but when I stop my symptoms come back like I've ran into a wall.  However I have found something that makes me feel better than being on Fibristal. So I thought I would share incase this can help others.  I've discovered that if I can eat 3-4 apples a day the pain and complications that I get from my fibroids interfering with my bowel nearly disappear.  I can actually tell that either my fibroids are shrinking, AND/OR there is less inflammation, AND/OR my bowels are just performing better. How can I tell this?  It's odd, but I can tell by how well I can pass gas.  The fibroids were putting pressure on my bowels causing me to have a lot of gas pain, because I could not pass gas easily as well when I continue to eat the apples sex is not painful.  I did notice that when I went on my first round of Fibristal by the end of the first round I was passing gas with ease and sex was not as painful.  When I went off Fibristal the gas pains came back as well as difficulty having sex.  After my second round of Fibristal, my diet had significantly changed due to realizing that I have a sulfite sensitivity, which has now extremely limited my diet, which may help my symptoms as well, but what I do know for sure there is a direct relation to me eating several apples a day and my fibroid symptoms greatly subsiding.  I actually feel better than what I felt like on Fibristal, plus I don't have the side effects of the medication, just the added benefits of all the fiber that I am passing through my bowels. 

I try to eat 4 apples a day.  It's not always easy and it's a good thing I like apples.  Some days I forget and don't eat any, but I can tell that I start to not feel as well and then I will get back to eating the apples.  I don't know if it matters what kind of apples, but I've been strictly eating Gala apples because those are the ones that I like the best.  I told my male co-worker "I like them the best because they stay hard longer."  I should have said "crunchy longer".  You can imagine his response.

I'm not advocating this over medial attention.  I don't think eating apples will cure my fibroids or completely solve my medical issue.  I am on a waiting list for to see a doctor regarding MRI guided focused ultrasound. If I am not a candidate for that procedure I will most likely have to have a hysterectomy.  Until then I have found that eating many apples a day have greatly reduced my symptoms and wanted to share. 

I did google the connection and got this result..."High fiber diets might decrease your body's exposure to estrogen, a female hormone associated with fibroid growth, according to the book “100 Questions and Answers About Uterine Fibroids,” by Dr. Lloyd Greig. Fiber helps move and absorb estrogen out of your body. Examples of fiber-rich foods include black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, apples, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, blueberries, cucumbers, Brussels sprouts and onions. Whole grains, nuts and seeds also contain substantial amounts of fiber."

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. I missed this post, I don't recall receiving a notification for it. It is certainly interesting and anything is worth a try. We have been told for years an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I will be adding ane extra apple to my morning fruit and yoghurt breakfast!

• Posted

Thanks for the info, I haven't heard anyone else try this, I must admit my fiber intake is not great, maybe I will add some apples, can't do any harm! I wish there was more knowledge about how to cut down the levels of oestrogen in the body, something must be making our fibroids grow so the obvious thing would be to discover what and cut it out of our diets, rather than take medicine or revert to surgery. I have severely cut my intake of dairy, especially milk, hoping this may help.

• Posted

Hi Christine. I used to drink soya milk and eat natural plant oestrogens thinking I would be helping to manage symptoms of the menopause. Since reading, six months ago,  that I may have been feeding my fibroids I have stopped using them. I am waiting results of a scan and hysteroscopy to see if the fibroids have stopped growing and maybe started to shrink.
    • Posted

I feel the same way.  I think there is something that I'm eating that is not working for my body.  I do now know I have issues with wheat.  I was talking to a doctor friend of mine and he said it sounds like I have an issues with something they are adding to the wheat and not the wheat it's self.  Apparently there are all kinds of additives to wheat.  As I'm discovering with my sulfite sensitivity a lot of these additives are not on the ingredients list.  Sulfites are an example.  It makes avoiding them very difficult when they don't have to be labeled.  I don't have an issues with dairy, mainly because it's one of the few things that don't usually add sulfites therefore I pretty much have to eat them to compensate for my diet.

• Posted

So does Esmya or Fibristal increase the oestrogen levels in our bodies? I aonly ask because I have some cysts a coupl eon the liver & since being on the stuff one has grown to the size of a tangerine. When looking on the Liver Foundations website it says cysts grow when oestregen levels are high.

• Posted

I got this info from a website...

Fibristal works by "blocking the effect of progesterone on the endometrium (lining of the uterus) while keeping estrogen levels in the normal range." "Progesterone is responsible for the development and growth of fibroids, and by blocking this hormone, it causes fibroids to shrink and become less painful."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.