Eating after Gallbladder & Appendix removal surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any suggestions on what to eat after surgery? And what to avoid? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

kkcallie, I have problems with coffee, coffee cream (the real cream not the powdered kind) anything like the fat in store-bought cookies (home-made ones don't seem to bother me)l sometimes the flavored coffee creamers you buy in the fridge rated section, sausage, beef, bacon, ham and any kind of high fat meat.  Cheese and ice cream don't seem to bother me.  I sound like a junk food junkie but actually I'm. not and never have been.  Everything in maceration was always my motto.  

The coffee with real cream, the dark chocolate, and beef are the biggest problem,  The dark chocolate is by FAR the worst of all of them.  Luckily I'm not a huge fan, but I must watch intact of milk chocolate too.Surgery was in 2014 and I still can't do those foods or the pain comes back..  The only way to get rid of it is with an ice gel pack straight from the freezer.  Ibuprofen or any other pain reliever does not work at all.  So I mainly just avoid all that crap,  I hope this helps!

• Posted

correction:  refrigerated section.
    • Posted

"everything in moderation". Must proof read first!

Also, when I do get the pain it lasts for about four or five hours and it's really irritating and makes me crabby.

The good news is, you get used to what foods to avoid and there are plenty of foods you still can eat so don't stress to much about it.  smile

BeBe

Grand Rapids, MI

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.