Eating is imposible for me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

While im having anxiety its so hard for me to eat. i cant eat everyday and when i do force something down i feel worse somethimes like my anxiety gets worse. im so scared to eat anything but i know i have too. Does anyone else get like this??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was the same about a month ago. I dropped down too 7.3 stone from 8.5 in 4 weeks. Doctors told me if I loose any more weight so dramatically I'll have a problem. I've been eating a lot more recently. It's because you're thinking about it so much I was the same! I don't eat 3 meals a day but I eat a lot better. Get food in that you LOVE and maybe something that is fun to make? So you can be productive and may make you hungry in the process smile
    • Posted

i have dropped 20 lbs in a week and i know its not healthy but its hard to eat im scared of eating anything because i know some foods can trigger it even more. thats how scared i am of this anxiety im scared to eat
  • Posted

I went thru that last year for about five weeks and dropped 15lbs. It happens. Drank nutritional shakes and ate bananas to get thru it.
    • Posted

i have to try something i have lost 20lbs in a week
    • Posted

Its not safe for your gallbladder. Thats what i was told. The shakes are ready made at supermarkets and pharmacies..boost or ensure they are easy to drink and small enough to finish. Hopefully the acute anxiety will pass so you can eat again. It tends to happen as weird as it shows up.
  • Posted

If you do not start eating healthy you can actually have malnutrition which has numerous side effects on our body. Start with eating only a litte a day. Instead of a snack food, try a fruit or protein shake. I know that doesnt sound good but the amount of nutrients will help. In addtion to that, some people have to slowly get back on the right eating schedule, one way is to drink lots of water. Water will make you feel full which can e helpful as you try to get a balanced diet. 
  • Posted

I too suffered with eating when I was highly anxious.  This is a normal physiological thing our bodies do when we are anxious.  Our bodies react to our anxiety by preparing us for "fight or flight"  When we are in fight or flight mode, adrenaline goes through our bodies, cause us feel like we need to flee. While this is all going on our bodies react, and processes for hunger get supressed. What are you doing to deal with your anxiety? Are you finding ways to relax, allow you body to become calm along with you mind? Once you get yourself to relax mind and body.  Your appetite will return.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.