eating out

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi this is my 4th day i am supposed to be going out for a meal in a couple of week to a chinese can anyone give me sugestions as to what to eat.thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I too am going out for chinese in a week for my wedding anniversary. I am goingi to take a tablet at the end of meal so I do not have the need to go to toilet till i get home and then if i suffer well i guess i will find out how bad chinese meal really is. I am looking forward to it as I have stuck to my diet. I have to lose weight as a blood test showed if i do not lose weight i will be diabetic within a year. that I do not want and its helped me to stick to diet when all those years i have struggled.

love to hear how your meal goes and the after affects

• Posted

Hi,

I am having a Chinese takeout tonight so I'll let you know of my experiences tomorrow. I'm only on day 4 so i don't know if that will make any difference to the effect of ''Bad foods'' but I guess I'm soon to find out. :twisted:

Hope all goes well as I love a takeout.

Jackie x

• Posted

Hello,

I had no side effects with my takeout last night.... BUT....I did not take my tablet :twisted:

I ate chicken chow mein, egg fried rice and chips (about 10 chips)

However I did save some takeout for today and ate it for my dinner ( Just to see what would happen ) this time I took a tablet , 10 minutes later I had to run to the loo passing all of the Chinese much as it looked on my plate ( undigested :? ) And since then have had to go to the loo another two times but I have not had an ''Oily Accident''. So I suppose if you're eating out and don't want to disgrace yourself, leave taking your tablet and you [u:2f68cab564][i:2f68cab564]might[/i:2f68cab564][/u:2f68cab564] be fine. Or take it and find yourself running like the clappers to the loo to unload your meal :lol: .

It might be a different situation for long time users of Orlistat, maybe, i have not had it in my system long enough?? All i can suggest is have a trial run.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Jackie xx

• Posted

I had Chinese meal on Friday (first time that I had dared to eat anything like that on tabs). I didn't take my tablet and have not had any side effects so I guess if you want to have a treat now and again, you can get away with it. :P

HTH,

L. X

• Posted

OH MY GOD

Nearly died when I read it all came out within 10 mins undigested. I did not think it could go through the system that fast.

Well its my wedding anniversary tomorrow and i am taking hubibe out for chinese, I do not think I will take a tablet tomorrow but might take one after I get home as they say you can take it within 2 hours of meal. I certainly will not take it at the restaurant or in the car cos I do not want any bottom explosions anywhere but my own bathroom. The thought makes me mortified. Fingers crossed I dont have one.

On the other hand it makes paying for a meal a bit pointless if it comes out that fast but the taste will be yummy.

Let you know how I get on.

jacque

• Posted

hi well ive had a meal out in the end we went for an indian i had a tandoori chicken boiled rice and a couple of popadoms with dips i decided not to take my tablet and was fine after i had looked in my calorie book before i went and tandoori was the least calories as it is grilled and not in a sauce yum!! clairexy39sr
  • Posted

:D I had a veg curry with boiled rice on Friday - no side effects whatsoever and unlike lots of you poor things, havnt had the dreaded O.Oil :evil: I do however have a question (if anyone can help)... erm... :oops: :oops: :oops: has anyone started suffering from piles??? :oops: My bowel movements have completely gone up the wall (not literally :P ). Ive hardly been going (on day 6 today Sun) and am amazed, if rather distraught, at finding :oops: :oops: erm piles :oops: when I have been to the loo.

Has anyone else had similar experience??? Please say yes, if only to make me feel better. Do you think it may be worth me going to doc to ask if its normal that bowel changes occur ie hardly going at all (I think ive only been twice since i started the tabs :!: :shock:

Any ideas - Jackie, your normally on the ball, can you help please?

Lin

• Posted

Hi Lin

I've noticed I don't go to the loo as much either, today is my first full week. Piles, I already have...... lol, so sorry I can't help you there.

I was also a bit headachey last week, but seems to be ok now.

Karen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.