Eating out. advice please x

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies and gents.

My hubby wants to go out for dinner as a celebration but im stuck as to where we can go.

Ive tried looking on line at frankie and bennys but can't find any nutrition info.

I know they do a lighter meal option looking at  mfp but it doesn't say fat content. just kcal info is given. 

Can anyone help me please? Xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've been to a beefeater and had a chicken breast in paprika spices with rice and salad.

Also harvester do a simply chicken-grilled chicken breast with jacket potatoe and peas. 

Theres alot of places that do salads but when you actually look at the ingredients they'd cause you to make several toilet trips.

Like you all I can find is calories not fat on the nutritional information! 

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks hayley.

I just imagine that most of it is cooked in oil? 

But grilled is a better idea. 

Im getting a bit bored of chicken as its all I seem to eat atm.

Soooo hard lol.

Xx

• Posted

Its very hard BUT WILL BE WORTH IT.

Please post if you have any luck with meals out xx

• Posted

Hi, I've been nandos - had chicken breast with the salad and was fine. 

Wagamamas I had the lobster salad which was gorgeous. 

• Posted

I've just found another app - NUTRA check. 

It has restaurants with fat per meal and I think** frankie and bennys light option spag bol is fine!  Im gunna try it rolleyes heres hoping. 

Thanks for your help ladies xx

• Posted

Hey smile

Pizza express have low fat, low calorie options. Was lovely when I went.

X

• Posted

Would never think of a pizzeria due to cheese and the amount of bread. Ill take a look at their online menu's. 

Thank you all for your advice. 

We had a lovely meal xx

• Posted

I would have never thought of that either but I had read on here that someone went to pizza express and it was really low on fat. so I checked online and it's like 8.9g for the pizza with salad in the middle. Then had a lovely sorbet after it too. 

Glad your meal was nice smile 

X

• Posted

Hi Claire 

tryhaving a steak with no sauce and either salad (dressing on the side so you can control how much you have) or new potatoes and veg

hope you have a nice meal xx

• Posted

I was concerned about having steak as id assume it had been cooked in oil. Ended up at frankie and bennys having their light option spag bol which was tasty and so far so good.  Ill b keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way at work tomorrow lol.

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.