Eating problems, lost 42lbs last year. Need help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’m having really bad eating issues and only recently found out it’s chiari that’s causing it. I’ve lost 46lbs this past year and my gastric bypass doctor said if it keeps going at this rate I have 1 1/2 to 2yrs to live. It’s a guess but I know I’m in big trouble. I weigh 134 now. My gastric bypass doctor told me medical marijuana is the only thing that could make me eat, but I can’t afford enough to make the weight loss stop or even slow down. I’m not usually nauseous and if I am it never lasts long. It’s the lack of appetite, swallowing combined with my gastric bypass 10-12oz tummy that can’t catch up. I have to eat 7 times a day to get enough nutrition. My tummy is also has malabsorption and does not count all my calories and I have a thyroid problem and this weight loss is causing it to have problems dropping more weight cause my meds are too strong. They just fixed it again. 

I haven’t talk to a doc yet I see him 4/30 but I really need advice now.  My symptoms have been active for a year but because I have occipital neuralgia they never caught it. My new Boston doc for my occipital nerve stimulator caught it last month.      

So while I’m waiting I need to know anything about this lack of appetite and I really need to know what do you eat that goes down better? I don’t quite understand my swallowing issues? why can’t I get things down like I use to? I’ve sat there smelling yummy food out front of me with no nausea and my belly is very hungry and yet only a little goes down then I either stop or I puke. And my tummy wants that food! 😭 It’s so confusing. Is there a way to make it go down? Do you do anything other than mmj to stimulate your appetite that helps. Any other advice you think might help would be great. Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.