Eating relieves my stomach aches ! What kind of underlying conditions is here ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I took some ibuprofen for a while and afterwards I started experiencing very bad abdominal pain. I saw doctors and they gave me pantoprazole with trimebutin. I just would like to understand why eating relieves temporarily these aches !

Thank you so much !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I believe they should take ibuprofen off of the market.  After taking this along with a tranquilizer I ended up being rushed to the hospital with kidney failure.  This could have been the cause of your abdominal pain but it might do you well to get another opinion especially if something is wrong with your stomach eating usually makes the problem worse.  good luck.  garnella
  • Posted

Your stomach is hungry for food. Get rid of the meds. Good appetite.
  • Posted

Thanks for the answers, I actually did see a gastroenterologist, did echography and blood sample : everything is perfect. The gastroenterologist just told me that ibuprofen messed up a bit my whole digestive tract and that trimebutin and pantoprazole will solve this in a matter of weeks. He also asked me that one question "Do you feel better when you eat?" and I said "YES". So obviously this relief caused by eating means that my digestive tract was in trouble. I know it's gonna solve itself but my question is actually technical.

Why does eating give a sense of relief ?

Thank you so much

• Posted

I was taking excessive Ibuprofen, or taking it every day and boy, my stomach just said STOP! And, I did and went through withdrawls. I'll never take it again. When I was taking it I couldn't or didn't eat much and I paid attention to that. When I didn't eat my stomach hurt a lot but after eating I would feel better. I didn't bother analyzing it. I just leaned that my body does not like Ibuprofen but it does like it when I put food in it. That's my oversimplified explanation. 

• Posted

Sounds like an ulcer? I had ulcers when I was younger and the pain was always relieved by eating or drinking milk. Don’t take ibuprofen anymore as it aggravates the stomach. I’d go to gp and get some tests organised. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.