EBV blood test levels?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone-I have a question(s): Do any of you know your titers (blood levels) for EBV? Mine are:

EBNA=220 U/mL 

Negative is <10

Postgate is > 21.9

EBV Early Antigen IgG=43.9 U/mL

Negative is < 9

Positive is > 10.9

Please share if you’re comfortable. I’m just not sure ‘how’ high mine are. My dr thinks they are quite high. 

Thanks. Melissa-

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sure. My elevated levels were: 

EBV  early antigen IgG = 11.8 

EBV Ab VCA IgG = > 600

This was back in December. I was negative for acute infection and also the EBV Nuclear Antigen IgG (which I guess means that I don’t have reactivated EBV that this is the first time I caught it). 

• Posted

Thanks hon. I think you might be barely positive for current EBV with an 11. 8 level. My testing says after 10. 9 you’re positive for active EBV. Oh well. You’re getting better I hope. My 43 on the early antigen made my doctors eyes pop. He said it was as high as he’s seen. And I’ll be 6-8 getting it resolved. If I have four times (10.9 x 4=43.9) the viral load and symptoms?? God. I know why I feel like crap....

Again, thank you honey. This has been eye opening for me. I appreciate it. 

• Posted

Yes I bet! That is quite high. My seco d elevated one is anything over 21.9 and I’m over 600! That made my doc think I was still in the thick of it. 

But most doctors I’ve seen, ND’s and MD’s, agree that the titers aren’t a good indicator because they can stay elevated for the rest of your life even without symptoms.  So I took it as I got EBV which led to mono. Sometimes just having a diagnosis helps. 

Now I’m trying not to freak out that I have chronic fatigue syndrome. It’s always something! 

Hoping you get relief soon!! 

• Posted

I’m no MD or ND but I think your chronic fatigue syndrome is your EBV Lisa. Think about it. Technically you’re positive for Early Antigen. That should mean you DO actively have the virus. That’s just my two cents. That’s how I interpret the labs. I agree with you on the EBV antibody: It could be in our bodies our whole lives. But that Early Antigen!!?? It means you HAVE it. 

Like I said just my two cents. Again, I’m really happy you replied. I’ve felt SO alone in this journey. I had mono seven yrs ago, but the body pain and fatigue never left. I’m going to beat this, but it’s going to take a long while. 

• Posted

Yes thank you for that!! My ND isn’t diagnosing me with that just yet. We are running a lot of tests first. Awaiting a cortisol test- I guess mono really screws up your adrenals. 

YOU GOT IT TWICE?!?! Ughhhhhh! I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine going through this twice. I really hope you and your doc can get to the root of the problem. My doc thinks that a lot of times something else is going on with the mono and it’s taking the immune system away from fully treating it. Which makes sense. 

This forum is the best to help with the isolation. You are definitely not alone ❤️

• Posted

Sorry Melissa I can't be of any help with this, I don't have any knowledge of the blood test results / figures for this. Hoping there is a wise person out there that can help with this, and still thinking about you and just hoping and praying for better health for you moving forward - goodness knows you deserve it Melissa, hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.