EBV? Don’t know please help

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys,

Here is my story of what I think is EBV.  My hope is that someone can confirm if these are typical symptoms or offer what helped them recover.

On November 10, 2017 I was at work when I suddenly felt weak and hot and wobbly. My coworkers said I was pale as a ghost. I left work soon after and drove to my doctor. During my drive I got so fatigued that I was worried I would crash.. went to my doctor 2 hours earlier than my appt because I thought I was going to collapse. She diagnosed me with asthma (false.. never had it and the inhaler did nothing). 

The first week my symptoms were:

-extreme fatigue and weakness 

(Felt like I would collapse or die) 

-nausea 

-no appetite 

-extreme chills but no fever 

-strange sudden onset of morning anxiety. I would wake up with my heart pounding and an unexplainable fear and feeling of impending doom.

- strongest sense of smell and taste everything would make me feel nauseous couldn’t stomach any food first week. 

For the last few weeks, the following symptoms have come and gone:

-fatigue (comes in waves .. sometimes it’s less and sometimes it leaves me bed bound) 

-joint pain

-abdominal pain 

-weird sudden neck pains 

-persistent mild sore throat 

-back pain 

-shortness of breath 

-chest pain

-headaches (mild) 

-sensitive eyes to light 

-brain fog 

-nausea and lack of appetite (less often now but still occurs) 

-anxiety (from feeling trapped st home and sick for so long) 

I’ve had Abdominal ultrasound, chest x rays, EKG (ECG? Not sure which one is the correct one lol. For the heart), CT scan.. tons of blood work.. I should be a healthy person according to all my medical investigation. I feel terribly ill, nothing like I’ve ever experienced before. 

My monospot was negative. EBV was positive for IGG, indicating a past or recent infection. All other EBV antibodies were negative. My doctors isn’t sure what to think of the blood panel. 

Please advice, share your stories smile 

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Many thanks for sharing your experiences.  My latest, newest issue is itchy and burning eyes (no redness).  The eye doctor today says I have blepharitis, a condition that causes CRUSTY deposits under the eyelid that makes them dry and itchy.  A new regimen of daily eye drops and lid scrub wipes - another new weird health issue attributable to EBV.   The hits just keep on coming....
    • Posted

Goodness Gigi, you've had such a tough time by the sounds of it. Just want you to know am thinking about you and believing totally that you will make a full recovery from this. Hoping that the issue with your eyes settles, that must be so frustrating and uncomfortable.

Remember with the mono that is does pass eventually, Rhonda gives some great advice there and remember it doesn't always take as long as that for full recovery - I started to feel much better after 9-10 months and I know some people recover even much quicker, it's just very individual and affects people differently - but key thing to remember is that there IS recovery and there IS life and full health again after mono, even though it may not feel that way now. Believing that God will bringing healing Gigi.

Craig

• Posted

Hey guys, I address you all, please let me know if you have experiences these symptoms above all the general symptoms

1) painful Lymph nodes in the neck, under jaw and under armpits throughout the virus

2)  Also persistent sore throat, this means I have swollen lingual tonsils at the back of my throat, they are severely swollen and filled with yellow fluid.The swab test showed no strep infection.

• Posted

Christine, I'm new at all this EBV crap (<3 mos).  I've had lungs that feel like their on fire, severe sore throat, constant headache, on and off fatigue, on and off rash, on and off weird taste sensations and tongue sensitivity, itchy burning eyes.  Today I started with stabbing pain in my right ear.  Never had a fever, never had swollen glands.  I think this evil virus affects us all differently.  It's good to share with those who know this first hand.

• Posted

Christine, I had a sore throat for a while and I had pus too, a bit like tonsil stones. 
    • Posted

yeah, the yellow stuff are tonsils stones, my ENT confirmed it. But My real(palatine) tonsils were removed years ago. So in my case lingual tonsils took all the burden on themselves. They are in the back of the tongue and they choke me whenever they swell too much.

Thank you  for replying

• Posted

How long have you been sick? I generally don't mention all the symptoms I have here or anywhere else, because people think it's in my head. Only recently when I started having bruises, and dark circles under eyes, my doctor took me seriously.

I have the lung burning feeling too. BUt mine started just recently a month ago. I have a burning and pressure like feeling. I have had ear pain since the beginning of the illness. Mine is more like fullness in the ear. The elevated temperature started only 9 months after the onset of the virus. So it's complicated. Mine started with a simple cold sore on my lip...

• Posted

Hi guys,

Christine I had pain in one particular lymph node on one side of my neck under my jaw which lasted throughout the virus. Just to let you know again this is normal and my doctor got me a biopsy just to check it out, but it was just what they called a 'reactive' gland, reacting to the virus - it does settle and go away in time. Please be assured that although many doctors seem somewhat ignorant to the true nature and longevity of this virus, I think all the folk on here definitely understand and know for sure that these symptoms are genuine and real - those doctors who might say otherwise know nothing.

So sorry to hear you're having such a tough time to Gigi, just want you to know I'm thinking about you too and I believe that you and Christine and Caroline and everyone on this thread will make a full and complete recovery - trusting Jesus with that as He is the great healer!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.