EBV, Lyme, Mold, etc.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I am 17 and have been very sick since May '17. Although I have experienced almost every symptom I have read about in this forum, my lingering and most troubling symptoms are brain fog, visual disturbances such as fog, floaters, weird depth perception and feeling very out of it, chronic fatigue, and trouble with memory. I had mono when I was a toddler, but it seems EBV has come back. I have been diagnosed with everything from Lyme Disease to Mold Illness, and although I am better than I was last year, I am thinking that EBV is behind my remaining symptoms. This has truly been a learning experience, but I want my life back. Any words of wisdom or help would be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jack

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you're not alone!! i know that doesn't sound very reassuring, but a lot of us on this forum have out of the ordinary symptoms and are just looking for piece of mind. i have had all of your symptoms as well along with digestion problems and was even diagnosed with pots. i have the floaters and fog as well and it is terrifying to say the least. just know you are not alone and if you need to rant we are going through odd things together. i am 18 and was diagnosed with mono in november.

• Posted

Thank you Christina, it is very helpful to know I am not alone in this process. 
  • Posted

you're not alone!! i know that doesn't sound very reassuring, but a lot of us on this forum have out of the ordinary symptoms and are just looking for piece of mind. i have had all of your symptoms as well along with digestion problems and was even diagnosed with pots. i have the floaters and fog as well and it is terrifying to say the least. just know you are not alone and if you need to rant we are going through odd things together. i am 18 and was diagnosed with mono in november.

• Posted

Hi Jack,

So sorry to hear you've had such a rough year, I really feel your pain having been through a tough time with mono myself in the past and going through a tough time for different reasons at the moment.

Taking vitamins and herbs can really help if not already doing so, that helped me during recovery from the virus. A good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex vitamin (can really help with energy levels and taking away fatigue and brain fog) and immune boosting herbs like gingko biloba and siberian ginseng.

Really hoping things settle soon Jack, thinking of you and remember God is the great healer, asking Him for healing through prayer is the wisest thing any of us can do.

Remember if EBV is the cause things will get better Jack, this virus affects so many people in so many ways for different periods of time, but for me Year 2 was a like a walk in the park compared to Year 1, really hoping and praying it will be the same for you - I do believe that you will get better given time, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Hang in there Jack, you are gonna get through this I just know it - this tough time will pass.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.