Ebv/Mono......does this end?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i keep hearing things like you'll get better, just takes time- and other things like it may never go dormant.

im on the 7+month mark

hit hard overnight with this virus

feeling like when does this end ?.....

healing outcome stories well appreciated......

also symptoms, mine have come and gone while some have been consistent throughout

muscle issues-by far my biggest complaint**

my muscles have been affected since day 1

when does this all fade away.......

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Craig 😃 Things really started turning around for me around month 10. Month 11 has been even better. I have no doubt that going in to year two will be much better and hopefully I will finally have MONTHS with no relapses. But at least now my relapses are manageable. I can still completely function. 😃 Most of the horrible stuff I mentioned didn't happen to me while I was sick. I was just telling Starr that I have been through some stuff and this was by far the worst I have ever dealt with. That being said I have been relapsing for two days. But it will pass......two days is usually my limit now. It was 4 and before that it was a week and a half LOL It does get better! 😃

• Posted

Hey Wendi,

The relapses will pass and become less intense, less frequent and less often as time goes on, until they don't happen at all. My experience was so similar to yours Wendi in that at 10 months I really started to feel a change and was just grateful after a year to be feeling more settled and stable. I was still fragile at that point but my confidence and resilience rebuilt bit by bit over the next year or so, so hang in there Wendi you will get there and definitely believing that this second year is going to be one of healing, recovery, total breakthrough and victory over this thing for you!

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going, thinking about you!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.