Ebv mouth issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, i have yet another symptom im trying to figure out. just last week i got another flare up of ebv and feel crummy. i noticed my gums and roof of mouth have a grainy texture and my mouth bleeds more easily when brushing. anyone else experience this? my gums/roof of my mouth feel grainy like sandy almost.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yep, my gums bleed all the time. I'm constantly having ulcers too and having to apply bongela gel.

• Posted

sorry should put...my gums only bleed when I brush my teeth mainly...but the ulcers are constant

• Posted

i have sore gums and random tooth aches. They dont bleed but im being extra careful. Also tongue is white most of the time

• Posted

Yes , I have that on and off for months now . For me about the time my mouth heals up and i start feeling better it comes back , sore mouth , canker sores , and some times bleeding gums . I didn't have these mouth problems before Epstein Barr virus so i have learned to Ignore it and know it will pass when the virus dies off .

• Posted

Hey David / Ashley / Dodge,

Just a quick message to say hoping you guys are coping okay at the moment and seeing some improvements, just to encourage you not to give up, I still believe fully recovery is going to manifest for each one of you thanks to Jesus, praying for that and hang in there - hoping for a good and settled day and week ahead.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

So sorry you've been having to deal with these nasty symptoms in your mouth, I do hope and pray so much they settle down soon. It certainly would be worth going to see dentist asking them to have a look, remember these kind of things are often nothing to worry about, at times I've had bleeding when brushing teeth. Maybe trying some mouth wash too a good idea, maybe kill any infections or whatever. The baking soda remedy can be a good one too, 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolve in half glass of water, drinking on empty stomach twice per day for a week or so - and gargling it in your mouth before swallowing. Oregano is also a herb that is very good for the mouth / gums / throat all that area I think, so maybe worth seeing if can get some tablets of those too.

Thinking about you Nicole and remember don't hesitate to go to dentist / doctor, and hoping the can offer some good advice and reassurance. Remember you will get through this and hoping so much you can see some relief from all this very soon. You WILL get through this.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.