Ebv test results

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all just curious as to what your test results were to say you had glandular fever? I had all the symptoms a year ago and was told i had it but than my 'epstein barr master' test come back as 

EBV VCA IgG- Positive

EBV EBNA IgG- Negative

EBV VCA IgM- Negative 

So the dr said that ment a previous infection?.. just after some insight on what others test results were thanks guys 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also i didnt start full on symptoms like fevers and swollen glands and terribly sore throat until a week after this test was taken.. 
  • Posted

EBV VCA IgG - positive 475.0

EBV VCA IgM- negative <10.0

EBV  EARLY IgG- positive 22.9

EBV EBNA IgG- positive >600.0 

• Posted

EBV  VCA IGM >36

?EBV Early Anitgen  AB IgG positive 39.3

?EBV Ab VCA IgG >600

?EBV Nuclear Antigen AB I GG 242

• Posted

Hi Kurt,

​So I guess the results would read as Igm negative and positive for everything else. They told me it means virus is not active but the symptoms were still there and continue to come and go, although much better almost a year later. My daughter has similar results to mine and she has had a very hard time recovering from the virus.

• Posted

Hey Kurt,

Sorry I can't shed any light on the meaning of blood test results, I'm not very knowledgeable in that way at all. The only thing I know is that my test showed up as positive for EBV at the start of the virus but then as negative thereafter even as the symptoms continued on for an extended period and during recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.