ECG frequent self-monitoring

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recent AFib and now check my ECG frequently, using a PC-80B gadget. This is proving instructive.  Am I alone in doing this? Do any other AFib'ers do this? Can we share experience? I will give a detailed report if this is useful.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have gained three things since frequent monitoring of my ECG.

( I have graphed 800 30-second scans in four months.)

I have no AFib symptoms, so would not have known these:

1. An abrupt disappearance of AFib's for which there is no explanation. 

2. Two AFib incidents lasting about eight hours and coincident with 

giant-cell arteritis (GCA) symptoms. This was weeks after the

"disappearance".

The frequent ECG's reveal things an occasional ECG would never discover.

• Posted

i feel like the doctors dont have a clue what is going on w an occasional monitoring in the office.

i am so glad for whatever reason your afib is gone. as a precaution are u still on a blood thinner?

i have the heartrate app and i have monitored every two hours for 3 days and nothing except occasional pac. heartrate is 55-62. i have not felt an afib episode since May 10. cant wait to get my monitor in the mail. i ordered yesterday.

good luck with continued absence of your afib. it sure is scary.

carol

• Posted

I am on warfarin.   Discussed with my cardiologist. Seemed a reasonable choice. My greatest fear is a stroke. I will be considering self-testing of the warfarin. AFib seems the most complicated thing I've ever seen.  GCA, giant-cell arteritis is simple by comparison and I wrote a small book about it (it's on Amazon).
    • Posted

needless to say i am in afib this morning. an hour after i took my meds. any suggestions out there? i have tried vagel maneuver, holding my breath, ER doc said put my head in cold water?? im going for that next. i cant put up w this all day!
    • Posted

You don't say which meds you're on but I found that my bp meds, first Ramipril and then Candesartan,triggered my af. I insisted that my GP changed my meds and I now have fewer af episodes.I'm on Bisoprolol. 
    • Posted

im on aldactone, eliquis, and betapas. afib lasted 4 hours. rate not as high -from 55-60 to 90-100. going to keep appt 16th to discuss ablation.
    • Posted

Do you have  AFib symptoms?  I have none and would like to know what they are -- in case I get them.  Perhaps everyone is different??
    • Posted

Yes roughly once a month.

Very irregular heart beat, ache in chest neck and arm, light headed and breathless and very tired for at least 24 hours after. Mine last 12-16 hours can't do anything but rest.

• Posted

mine is all in my neck feel pulse in the carotid. very irregular if u try to count. mine has gone as high as 150 w conversion of a cardizem drip. it only took a few minutes to convert. in ER 3 times because rate was so high and b/p high at same time. all other times i have converted on my own within 2-4 hours. weak, irritable, short of breath. only once i know of i was in afib and didnt know it when inwent to doctor. rate 80-90 but still in afib.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.