ECG QT of 440 ms

Posted , 4 users are following.

do i need to worry? Last week i had a ECG and the doctor said the QT is just within the normal range at 440 ms but he has scared me to be honest. I am on 10mg citalopram & he said although this medicine can effect the reading he doesnt think the small dosage can.

Any help because i am actually quite frightened because of the risk of sudden death.

Thanks,

Tony.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony

I think you need to do all the medical check ups needed to role out all the doubts. You need to undergo the Holter test, stress test and echo as well, if those resulted negative than you don't have to worry but to get used to these symptoms. It's too hard, am suffering too but I know as my doctor assured me they are benign. I think the beta blocker dose you are taking is not enough. Am on Ciplar LA 40 mg in the morning and 40 at night 

Hope you get better soon

Regards 

Muna

• Posted

It is a side effect of citalopram as your package insert tells you.

Side-effects see notes above; also hepatitis, palpitation, tachycardia, oedema, bradycardia, postural hypotension, haemorrhage, QT-interval prolongation, coughing, yawning, confusion, impaired concentration, aggression, malaise, amnesia, migraine, paraesthesia, abnormal dreams, euphoria, mydriasis, taste disturbance, increased salivation, rhinitis, tinnitus, polyuria, micturition disorders, hypokalaemia, pruritus; paradoxical increased anxiety during initial treatment of panic disorder (reduce dose)

• Posted

Hi Derek 

Why don't you change it to some another type of beta blocker which has lesser side effects ??? You can ask your doctor 

Regards

Muna 

• Posted

Hi Derek, the doctors have switched my medication, hope it helps & thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.